cafcass

warpig

i am going for residency of my daughter and have an interview with one of their officers in a couple of weeks. has anyone had any dealings with these people? can anyone offer any advice? any help would be much appreciated.

I've used them mate, they sorted things right out for me. It was the other way round with me though. I have custody of my kid and they were the intermediate for me, my lad and his mum. Went swimmingly, but me and his mum were on the same page. Are you at the one in Salford?

Pigeonho said:
I've used them mate, they sorted things right out for me. It was the other way round with me though. I have custody of my kid and they were the intermediate for me, my lad and his mum. Went swimmingly, but me and his mum were on the same page. Are you at the one in Salford?

they are doing a home visit..

warpig said:
Pigeonho said:

they are doing a home visit..
I didn't have any of that, didn't even know they did it actually.

I had an absolute mare with them. Not good : (

My son now lives with a drug dealer who's been inside for armed robbery and also bottled a 70 odd yr old woman neighbour.

Hope you have a better outcome? Fathers get a real shit deal.

Keep the faith mate

I had one round m house many many moons ago, she was pretty good and very easy to talk to.
Good luck, i hope you won't need it.

bluezi said:
I had one round m house many many moons ago, she was pretty good and very easy to talk to.

cheers for that bluezi. unfortunately its looking like there is no other way. this will be the third time i have referred it to court. has been a long and painful process. thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel now though. what sort of stuff did they talk about?

I had dealings with them mate - they interviewed my kids and asked them where they wanted to live. They wrote a very fair report to the court and helped me a lot. I know it is hard ta the time me but you will see your kids. Just keep persisting. I did it all. Stood outside school gates evey night. Threatening to dress as batman outside her solitors office with a banner - this woman stops fathers seeing children. I was arrested, denied access on birthdays, not told where my kids lived you name it. The only thng that worked was total and utter persistance. I went to countless meetings with other fathers in the same situation and honestly the stories had me in tears. Grown men who were tough bulders and decent men crying because they could not see kids. I simply kept up the fight until i had decent access to my kids. The woman that left me used to wind me by saying to my kids "you have a contact day with your dad tommorrow". She wanted me to see them 4 hours a week under supervision after 12 years together! Just be honest and calm with the cafcass person. Dont slag the ex off. She will slag you off and that will help your case. Stay stong mate - i have been there and possibly worse but stay strong - it will pass and you will see your kids as you deserve.

warpig said:
bluezi said:

cheers for that bluezi. unfortunately its looking like there is no other way. this will be the third time i have referred it to court. has been a long and painful process. thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel now though. what sort of stuff did they talk about?

I remember she just came round and observed the contact between me and the kids. i never bad mouthed their mother infront of them (the kids).
I made sure that i had them doing normal stuff while she (cafcass) watched. we talked about their health mental and otherwise.

I've got a mate who went down the same path as you to get his son, however his Ex didn't protest it but he went through a mine field from hell with social services and feckin loads of meetings. lucky for him the Ex was/ is an alcoholic and his son shared a bed with his dying granmother as well as the home having unsavory visitors all day n night.
sounds like it's would have been easy for him but it was far from it.
Anyway the good news is he has his son at home with him and they are both happy.
The boy still has contact with his mum, but my mate is monitoring it all the time,and does not stay overnight with her.

hope this helps

bluezi said:
warpig said:
bluezi said:

I remember she just came round and observed the contact between me and the kids. i never bad mouthed their mother infront of them (the kids).
I made sure that i had them doing normal stuff while she (cafcass) watched. we talked about their health mental and otherwise.

I've got a mate who went down the same path as you to get his son, however his Ex didn't protest it but he went through a mine field from hell with social services and feckin loads of meetings. lucky for him the Ex was/ is an alcoholic and his son shared a bed with his dying granmother as well as the home having unsavory visitors all day n night.
sounds like it's would have been easy for him but it was far from it.
Anyway the good news is he has his son at home with him and they are both happy.
The boy still has contact with his mum, but my mate is monitoring it all the time,and does not stay overnight with her.

hope this helps

yeh, that is a great help. cheers mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.