call me crazy

Hmmmm not so sure about winning the lot. Though can you Imagine If we are In a position at seasons end where If three or four of our less Impresive stalemates were wins we could have been champions. Now that would stick In the gut a bit...1977 all over again!

Goats left knee said:
but i see no reason why we can not go unbeaten for the rest of the campaign!! whilst winning the vast majority of course, Emirates a draw, could win the rest!
CL here we come! ( i hope )
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures?showall=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures?showall=1</a>

At least someone who is starting to believe we can achieve greatness instead of the usual doom and gloomers

MCFC13 said:
Goats left knee said:
but i see no reason why we can not go unbeaten for the rest of the campaign!! whilst winning the vast majority of course, Emirates a draw, could win the rest!
CL here we come! ( i hope )
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures?showall=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures?showall=1</a>

At least someone who is starting to believe we can achieve greatness instead of the usual doom and gloomers
its called being "realistic" pal

warpig said:
mammutly said:
I think all this 'we are city'/'typical city' stuff is misplaced now. The progress is there for all to see and I sometimes wonder if it's only the fans who aren't yet ready for success.

Ever since Mancini arrived, I have been confident. We will finish strongly this season and I think we will achieve 3rd place. Had Hughes gone sooner, we would have been in the title race this season. As it is, we can expect to be champions next year.

typical city is alive and well mamutley, just look at the chel result. your point on hughes is just irrelevant. tell me how you can confidently state 100% that we would have been in the title race with a different manager?

We're quality against 'big' teams, but we don't have the mentality to play 'small' teams, Pompey the other week had a real go at us and we were lucky no matter what you say, same with Bolton to an extent, we can't afford to underestimate any team, which is exactly what we do week in week out.

same old city.

lee-mcfc said:
mammutly said:
I think all this 'we are city'/'typical city' stuff is misplaced now. The progress is there for all to see and I sometimes wonder if it's only the fans who aren't yet ready for success.

Ever since Mancini arrived, I have been confident. We will finish strongly this season and I think we will achieve 3rd place. Had Hughes gone sooner, we would have been in the title race this season. As it is, we can expect to be champions next year.
i disagree, we are still typical city

'Typical City' is a mindset that has needed to change at this club for a long, long time.

Yes. We've had years of let downs. But unless or until the confidence and expecations change, that's all we will ever get.

I believe the team have confidence now. And nobody can argue that they don't have the ability. This is a new City and the next couple of months will show that.

I just hope there aren't fans on here and elsewhere at the start of next season asking for everybody from youth level up to be sacked because we've only got 30 points after 12 games!

The only 'typical city' that remains these days is in the minds of some supporters.

well i think the squad will be motivated for the fight.11 cup finals.one by one to take us to the promised land. Will you the fans please fucking cheer up and believe we can do it

You've just got to love how people base their predictions for the next 11 games solely on the result of our last match. We beat Chelsea so we are now sure to go the rest of the season unbeaten. Yet next weekend, if we lose to Sunderland, nobody would have a clue where our next point is coming from. Bluemoon in a nutshell.

WTF - ha ha - so hope you are right and your theory/reputation builds for at least the rest of the month!!

If we win every game until the end of the season - you will become a bluemoon legend!

Tricky_Trev said:
You've just got to love how people base their predictions for the next 11 games solely on the result of our last match. We beat Chelsea so we are now sure to go the rest of the season unbeaten. Yet next weekend, if we lose to Sunderland, nobody would have a clue where our next point is coming from. Bluemoon in a nutshell.

Very true, but also very false (if i am allowed to contradict myself)
There are many City forums out there, some are always glowing about everything MCFC, some are always we are doomed type posts, it seems that when we win, those from the we are great come back on here, when we lose, then it is the we are doomed take over.
In the middle are people that see a performance from a team, or an individual streak of brilliance for what it is.
But then wqhat do I know, I have never played Football professionally unlike Ian Wright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.