Callum McManaman escapes charge

The agreement between all concerned parties, including the PFA, was only made at the start of this season regarding retrospective action so comparisons with Thatcher and Balotelli are irrelevant.

The kid's got away with one. No doubt about that. But the decision on the day should stand as much as possible. Which is why they brought in these new guidelines. And I'm happy for that to be the case and leave the retrospective stuff for when someone gets twatted 50 yards from the action.

Pigeonho said:
Carver charged.
The boy Zaha banned for a game for giving the V's to Leeds fans.
McManaman escapes unpunished.

It's quite staggering really.

They have to ban Zaha before he puts on a Utd shirt as not touchable then

Common sense leaves the building yet again. This game doesn't half leave me utterly bewildered at times.

I think common sense has to come into play. If it's deliberate then a ban, but if it's clumsy and unitentional then no ban. I have only seen a .gif of it so not sure

ifiwasarichfan said:
I dont get this at all. Halsey has said he didn't see it so are we going off the Linesman's view who can be seen on a couple of the different angled replays.

It also throws up consistency. Ben Thatcher was booked and when people saw how bad it was it was increased justifably and the Balotelli incident where the Ref is clearly watching the play and incident and then swears he missed it because of the pressure of trial by Sky.

Halsey said he didn't see it yet apologised to Pardew at HT.

Crouchinho said:
I think common sense has to come into play. If it's deliberate then a ban, but if it's clumsy and unitentional then no ban. I have only seen a .gif of it so not sure
Intentional or not, it was downright dangerous, with both excessive force and brutality at play. Let's get it right, had this new video angle showing the linesman's view not turned up, the FA would have charged McManaman regardless of whether the lino admitted seeing it or not. They really do make things difficult for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.