Cambodia or Vietnam? Or both ??

out of interest; where is the best place to got to in Samui with kids?
The whole island is fine for kids but not geared up for them in terms of attractions, you will probably be wise going to Chewang, also the fishermans village area in Bophut is also good..
If you book into the Mantra Samui Hotel, they do mini buses into town and back and also to Chewang beach.. Its a small island and you can get around really cheaply, also you can grab the ferry and do day trips to Ko Phang An island and a few others....

I think there was only 4 bars in Chaweng then lol
First went in 2000 was pretty much the best place I had ever been. Lived there and Phangan for about 4 years between 2006 to 2010. In this time it had changed beyond belief was over crowded in peak times and the people of Samui changed from warm friendly people to cold hard business people. Nowadays it is swarmed by Russian and Chinese tourist. Scams everywhere.

Still a good holiday though. I just wouldn’t spend my whole trip there.
Cambodia is a place worth seeing. Vietnam is also very cool. The beaches in the south remind me of Samui 20 years ago. Would definitely head there

First went in 2000 was pretty much the best place I had ever been. Lived there and Phangan for about 4 years between 2006 to 2010. In this time it had changed beyond belief was over crowded in peak times and the people of Samui changed from warm friendly people to cold hard business people. Nowadays it is swarmed by Russian and Chinese tourist. Scams everywhere.

Still a good holiday though. I just wouldn’t spend my whole trip there.
Cambodia is a place worth seeing. Vietnam is also very cool. The beaches in the south remind me of Samui 20 years ago. Would definitely head there

Sure it was 1989 I was there . We had got involved with some wrong uns in Pattaya so decided to get out fast and find a quiet place
Samui was jaw dropping

My sister and her fella have just returned from Thailand, which included a few nights on Samui. She said it was a ''dump''!

OP, if you've got time to do both then go for it I'd say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.