Cambridge Analytica

Sorry for bump.

Very interesting interview here. This stuff goes deeper and darker than imagined. This could be huge.

"Let's talk to an old friend of the program because he's a verifiable expert in these matters; he's a hypnotherapist..."

Should we all delete Facebook then ? I have it as a way of keeping involved with extended family and old friends and don’t post often. I have family in America and all over the uk so it’s good to de photos and not lose touch

It would be a shame if it had to go

Should we all delete Facebook then ? I have it as a way of keeping involved with extended family and old friends and don’t post often. I have family in America and all over the uk so it’s good to de photos and not lose touch

If you're looking at things that way may as well boycott Twitter, Google and a few others as well.

I won't be deleting mine any time soon, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on things a bit more closely.

I use FB for a few family members, a couple for friends (people I have actually met), following a couple of band's and photography groups. I also have a personal photography page which is linked to my main page.

I have no personal data, other than my links to groups/family/friends. My DoB is incorrect, and my location is just my City. I don't link to my Twitter account, or any of my other social media feeds, and I use separate user names for all the accounts.

You have to keep an eye on FB security settings, and make sure you understand the T&C's (which is difficult, as they are quite specific in places), and stay away from those crap surveys that people keep sticking on, as they are just data gathering tools.

Wylie is currently giving evidence to the Commons Culture Committee on how CA and associated companies work. Fascinating stuff and quite detailed on how it operates.

Ive posted on the Brexit thread a link on how to lock out the platform on Facebook so they cant grab your data.

If you've got Google maps activated for 'always ' i can tell you how to download every where you've been and when you were thee since you had the account if you want

Thanks for posting the video.

I've never heard of the guy but his view of what is going on pretty much aligns with mine.

The comments below on Youtube sum up why these people will continue to get away with this shit. We are all being manipulated in some way or another and if you think you're not you are in my opinion misguided.

Last edited:
Interesting and disturbing that the BBC is basically not covering Wylie's testimony to the Select Committee.

Staggering omission by the Beeb. More skulduggery or just incompetence ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.