Campbell sues Pompey

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal.../20/SOCCER_Portsmouth.html&TEAMHD=premiership

Portsmouth's financial woes have increased after the club confirmed on Wednesday they are being sued by Sol Campbell for fees and bonuses their former defender claims he is owed.

Campbell, now at Arsenal, has issued a writ through his lawyers for £1.7million he says he is owed in image rights and bonus payments.

Portsmouth confirmed the receipt of the writ today and a club spokesman said: "The matter is being dealt with by our lawyers."

The writ comes as Portsmouth prepare to appeal against a High Court judge's decision to dismiss their application to have a winding-up petition from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs struck out.

The club have argued the VAT portion of its massive tax bill is too high by £7.5million.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth chief executive Peter Storrie is due in court today over an allegation he cheated the public revenue over the signing-on fee for a midfielder.

Storrie, 57, has a plea and case management hearing at Southwark Crown Court in London.

It is accused that between July 1, 2003, and November 28, 2007, he "cheated the public revenue" over a signing-on fee for Amdy Faye from Auxerre to Portsmouth.

He is alleged to have arranged for the fee to Faye to be paid via the bank account of an agent, Willie McKay, in order to "conceal its true nature and purpose," thereby "causing a failure on the part of the club to operate PAYE and account for income tax and national insurance contributions in respect of that fee".

What a c*nt campbell is.Talk about kicking a team when they are down.

Clubber said:
Yes and no.

If I'd been screwed out of £1.7 million rightfully owed to me by a bunch of incompetent scam artists, I'd seek retribution too. I'm sure Campbell would accept Storrie's £1.5 million salary in lieu. After all, he certainly doesn't deserve it himself.

Dubai Blue said:
Clubber said:
Yes and no.

If I'd been screwed out of £1.7 million rightfully owed to me by a bunch of incompetent scam artists, I'd seek retribution too. I'm sure Campbell would accept Storrie's £1.5 million salary in lieu. After all, he certainly doesn't deserve it himself.

True, Pompey signed the contract, and agreed the clauses, so they should have to pay up. I've no sympathy for them.

Matty said:
Dubai Blue said:
Yes and no.

True, Pompey signed the contract, and agreed the clauses, so they should have to pay up. I've no sympathy for them.

Its not the fact of him getting his cash, its his timing. He had bags of time to do this.

Storrie is a cocked, but the fans must be pulling there hair out.

Clubber said:
He is alleged to have arranged for the fee to Faye to be paid via the bank account of an agent, Willie McKay,

Says all we need to know about that dodgy tosser!!!
I don't see the point of court action from Sol though, he'll get a judgement, but payment is another matter...highly unlikely he'll see the money. The club will end up in liquidation and he'll be way down the list of creditors.

could be the last act to send the club under.

And even the people on here who hate pompy. Why should a premiership club go bump because of some greedy prick who earns too much money already

Matty said:
Dubai Blue said:
Yes and no.

Agreed. If Redknapp and Storrie were either stupid or bent enough to offer him and others the money they did despite knowing they're a small time outfit then i have no probs with Sol asking for his money.

As for the timing, he probably figured he'd best do it now before theres no club left to ask for it.

I hope he throws a pool party celebrating winning the money and micheal barrymore turns up

Clubber said:
Matty said:

Its not the fact of him getting his cash, its his timing. He had bags of time to do this.

Storrie is a cocked, but the fans must be pulling there hair out.

His timing maybe due to Pompey, saying give us 'til the end of the month, every month for the last 6 months. Campbell notices they are going under and adds his bill to the pile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.