can i mind yer car mate???

unsworthblue

i remember at maine road all those little moss side scallies offering there car minding service.great service it was too.sometimes used to park behind the bee hive off claremont road.as soon as the car was parked up 20 of moss sides finest 'car minders' would be in direct competition to secure your 50p or £1.i remember a night match againgst sheff weds.paid the car minder his 50p went in the kippax.drawing 1-1 with only a few minutes to go David hurst scored for weds.walked back to the car saying we was robbed.turned the corner to see that we had in fact been robbed.our car minder had neglected his duties.any other car minding stories?

Always remember one time my uncle pulled up not far from Platt Lane a lad asks for 50p my uncle says sorry no change the lad says well don't be surprised if your windows gone in then. My uncles response was to grab the lad walk 5 doors down and bang on the door, turns out he as an electrician had rewired the lads house needless to say we got our car watched for free for the rest of that season!!

My funniest memory of them was my dads mate being a tight arse and saying to one of them 'no it's alright it's got an alarm on it' with out skipping a beat the kids turned round and said 'so does that put out fires then mister'!

The only time I turned them down I came back to find my tyre slashed. At least they only did the one.

col87 said:
My funniest memory of them was my dads mate being a tight arse and saying to one of them 'no it's alright it's got an alarm on it' with out skipping a beat the kids turned round and said 'so does that put out fires then mister'!

lmao quality!

I can't remember if we had paid the 50p or whatever it was but my mate's car had done one after the game, never to be seen again!....Parked on Platt Lane.

Had my passenger side window smashed near Ashburys during a City game after a youngster had offered to 'mind' my car ...... wouldn't mind so much but we'd lost , and it was pissing down!

Glass everywhere!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.