Can Milner play with Yaya in central midfield?

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why the fuck did we let Gareth Barry go to Everton? It now looks a pretty stupid thing to have done.

It looked pretty stupid at the time we did it to be fair.

Apparently the City players were pretty gob-smacked as well when we let him go ... looks pretty short-sighted now. If we don't win the PL it will be because of a lack of quality CM cover for Yaya and Fernandinho - Its no good Fernando is coming in summer I'm afraid, we may lose the PL to Chelsea plus they will strengthen in the summer also!!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why the fuck did we let Gareth Barry go to Everton? It now looks a pretty stupid thing to have done.

It looked pretty stupid at the time we did it to be fair.

Apparently the City players were pretty gob-smacked as well when we let him go ... looks pretty short-sighted now. If we don't win the PL it will be because of a lack of quality CM cover for Yaya and Fernandinho - Its no good Fernando is coming in summer I'm afraid, we may lose the PL to Chelsea plus they will strengthen in the summer also!!!

I agree. I think that we didn't sign Fernando purely because of money (transfer fee). Barry was discarded partly due to money (wages)
plus the fact that Pellegrini rated Garcia above him partly due to his versatility: he's equally as shyte at CB as he is at DM .
Could well prove to be false economy.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
His best position certainly isn't central mid marv, he'd of been horribly exposed tonight, even more so than MDM, he's a grafter but sadly his touch will always prevent him from excelling in that position, more so under the current city style....

We signed Milner on the back of his breakthrough season as a central midfielder in 2009/10, in which he was voted Young Player Of The Year, and even featured there for England in the World Cup. He was dynamic box-to-box player with an eye for goal; disciplined, strong and energetic with a decent passing range. Signing a player based on a their performances in a certain position, and then reverting them back to a position in which they previously performed reasonably well without excelling would be like buying Bale and putting him at leftback.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Because his native language isn't Spanish/English name doesn't sell shirts in Asia/encourage Facebook likes for the club, and his tactical awareness and calculated movements don't comply with Pellegrini's kamikaze 4-4-2, with 2 straight lines of 4.

BlueAnorak said:
[
Marvin said:
Milner wasn't ready to start tonight, but his best position is as a central midfielder. A position we rarely see him play.

Can he play as a foil to Yaya?

In theory it would be Milner's perfect position. But the answer is no as Yaya rarely passes to Milner in any match.
Watch their next game together and watch for yourself.

That's also true for when Garcia is in the middle with Toure.

BigOscar said:
He's a bit of a headless chicken, but against a poor opposition we could probably get away with it. For the record, when did the "Milners best position is CM" myth/belief start? You see it all the time but I honestly can't remember him having a game of note for us in CM and none of our managers have seemed to hold this belief?
agree. i remember him having a brilliant game in the europa league a few seasons back next to vieira, that was about it. he is decent on the wing, has the ability to dig out crosses but he's in there for his workrate. too many people saw him as a gerrard/lampard for some reason when he joined

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.