Can pages be made long

Gorton_Tubster

Team supported
Manchester City
IE more posts per page instead of (apporx) 10 posts per page? The reason I ask is that things move quickly and before you know it we're on a new page and it feels like a lot of comments go missed just because there are so many pages to scroll through.

For, example I am going to post a video of a particluar incident that helps clarify/inform the conversation in the thread but I know its only a small window of opportunity for people to see it before there is a new page.
Or I am looking for a particular comment but there are a lot of pages to scroll through

Last edited:
No, not by the user anyway, it's set by Ric at 10 posts per page. The software does allow it as ragcafe use the same software but have theirs set to 20 posts per page I think.

IE more posts per page instead of (apporx) 10 posts per page? The reason I ask is that things move quickly and before you know it we're on a new page and it feels like a lot of comments go missed just because there are so many pages to scroll through.

For, example I am going to post a video of a particluar incident that helps clarify/inform the conversation in the thread but I know its only a small window of opportunity for people to see it before there is a new page.
Or I am looking for a particular comment but there are a lot of pages to scroll through
Don't you still have to scroll through the same amount of posts though?

I'd imagine the thinking behind it is that more pages means more adverts at the top
I do recall a comment on the dark sides forum which uses the same software, that they couldn’t change their chosen default of posts per page, as it would mess up the links …
Sounds odd/wrong from an IT perspective, but perhaps it can’t for some intrinsic internal coding design reason of the forum software.

On a personal note, I prefer the shorter pages here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.