Can Sergio Reach Ballon d'or Heights

EllisMCFC

Wondering if you guys think Sergio could be an actual contender for the Ballon d'or

He would probably have been a contender last season if injuries hadn't cut short his season.

When you look at his statistics, in whatever category is being measured, he is one of the most effective players in the world, not just goals scored, but his overall contribution.

The press waxed many lyrical words about how superb Suarez was last season for LIverpool, and while over the season he was the leagues best player, Aguero was way ahead of him until he got injured.

If he can stay injury free, bang in 40 odd goals for us this season, which he is well on his way to achieving at the moment, then he is in with a good shout in my opinion.

He's capable of anything. This is the level he's always had in him, and finally we're seeing it. He's always been class, but even people like Gary Neville have been saying for the last two years that he should be scoring even more. He is at Messi and Ronaldo's level, capable of going a season averaging a goal per game. And he plays for City!!

I think he could be a finalist but it's almost impossible for anybody in the PL to win it. You need the gaudy stats and that means playing in a two or three team league with a bunch of teams whose only role is to make the superstars look good.

buckshot said:
I think he could be a finalist but it's almost impossible for anybody in the PL to win it. You need the gaudy stats and that means playing in a two or three team league with a bunch of teams whose only role is to make the superstars look good.

Are you thinking of Spain, by any chance?

It did cross my mind as well.

just not reach, but to win it. if sergio can bring us to UCL semi final, win the league and being league's top scorer in the process, he will be a hot favourites to win Ballon D'or. hope he'll keep fit and healthy for the rest of the season.

As he is playing for a team outside the "chosen few" I doubt he will win it. For me, the worlds best player at the moment and I have to pinch myself that he is really playing for my team.

Please God let him stay fit and show the world what a true talent he is. His potential is limitless without injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.