Can someone walk me through adding DRM plug in to calibre.

mcfcfaz

I've downlaoded some tools, but i cant add them to calibre, i've narrowed it down to,
1 I havent unzipped the file, not really sure how to do this.
2 I need to remove an older version, but i have no idea how to find this on calibre.
3 The tools dont work.
thanks.

Thats the website i've been trying to follow, but it's not working for some reason.
It tells me i cant install as the plug in is invalid it doesnt contain a top level__init__.py file
no idea what this means?

mcfcfaz said:
Thats the website i've been trying to follow, but it's not working for some reason.
It tells me i cant install as the plug in is invalid it doesnt contain a top level__init__.py file
no idea what this means?

What version of calibre are you using?

mcfcfaz said:
no idea what this means?
Could be one of two things

In Unix-based computer operating systems, init (short for initialization) is a daemon process that is the direct or indirect ancestor of all other processes. It automatically adopts all orphaned processes.
or

init ; lazy way of saying isn't it. used by roodboys who's reputation precedes them

Hamann Pineapple said:
mcfcfaz said:
no idea what this means?
Could be one of two things

In Unix-based computer operating systems, init (short for initialization) is a daemon process that is the direct or indirect ancestor of all other processes. It automatically adopts all orphaned processes.
or

init ; lazy way of saying isn't it. used by roodboys who's reputation precedes them
So i get the second one, but the first, completely over my head.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 pm --<br /><br />So it seems the problem is i shouldnt have updated calibre before i tried this?

Run Calibre. Click Preferences. Click Plug-ins.
Click on the large “Add a new plugin” button
Navigate to the tools folder unzipped in step 2
Open the Calibre_Plugins folder
Select one of the zip files in that folder

Load plug in from file
Calibre cannot see zips in folder.

Hope this helps? :-)

Danamy said:
Run Calibre. Click Preferences. Click Plug-ins.
Click on the large “Add a new plugin” button
Navigate to the tools folder unzipped in step 2
Open the Calibre_Plugins folder
Select one of the zip files in that folder

Load plug in from file
Calibre cannot see zips in folder.

Hope this helps? :-)

It doesnt allow me to select anything from the folder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.