Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

rickmcfc

If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

If Roberto uses his intelligence, he will play our second XI in all Europa League games, concentrating instead on the Premier League and FA Cup. We simply don't need the distraction. Six tough European games already this season will have been enough to gain the necessary experience for next season, when hopefully the draw will be more favourable. Meanwhile, what are the odds of Rags playing Bayern Munich in the next round?

rickmcfc said:
If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

Smacks of arrogance to me. The Europa League might be more detrimental to our team's form than the Champions League but saying it's beneath us doesn't sit well with me. A cup is a cup at the end of the day and our squad is better equipped than last season to deal with the rigours of it if we do end up dropping into it.

rickmcfc said:

Nothing Cup? Really? What arrogance. I take it you werent gutted when we went out of the Europa last season as its a 'nothing cup' to you

Ragnarok said:
rickmcfc said:

Nothing Cup? Really? What arrogance. I take it you werent gutted when we went out of the Europa last season as its a 'nothing cup' to you

What's the gain of winning it? There isn't one what so ever and it it a total disruption to our league program. Get out of it ASAP if we want to continue our performances in the league.

What pisses me off big time is that our league matches will get pushed back to a Sunday, I was getting into the habit of Saturday football again.

While I am at it why did Mancini swap his two best fullbacks for such a crucial match, why did DeJong and Dzeko stay on the pitch so long and why did Yaya decide to have one of his "walkabout" games in such an important match?

I'd love to go all out to win it (if we do end up in it).

Remember, the points accrued in the Europa league all count toward the co-efficients that could put us in a better champions league group next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.