Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

Put a weakened team out and make sure we can still push in the league.

The League and the FA Cup are the most important the rest can go whistle.

This means alot more games. If we had qualified for next round of 16 then there would have been a maximum of 7 games to come, and chances are much less as we could have ben knocked out at any stage by Barca or Madrid.

Europa someone has said is 9 games, which to be honest we could easily win. So my feeling this is an extra 4 or 5 games for our first team. At a time when the League is surely the priority.

THE FA Cup will ovbviously be a priority too as we are the holders. It will be interesting to see what team we put out in the CC against Arsenal.

I would point out:
1) We are not yet out of the Champs league though it looks unlikely.
2) It is still a decent cup and would double our European trophies.
3) It looks like we need practice at playing in Europe, this will give us an opportunity.
4) We need to raise our coefficient.
5)We have a large squad of quality players they need games otherwise they will generate discontent.

rickmcfc said:
What's more important, winning the best league in the world or winning the Europe league? I'm not saying I don't want to win it, the league is much more important and I dont want to be playing catch up football on a Sunday.

We all know that the Premier League is the biggest priority but there's a world of difference between saying that and suggesting we ask UEFA if we can opt out of the Europa League. Personally, I don't like the idea of being knocked out of one competition and being entered into another - I think it's unfair on all the clubs that have been playing in the Europa League all season - but those are the rules and we were fully aware of them when we entered the Champions League.

Playing Thursday/Sunday will be a bit of a ballache but if that's the situation we end up with then we should just man up and get on with it IMO.

Some arrogance going on, when we start to think we're too big to win any trophy that's on offer there's a problem. Whether we play Tues/Weds-Sat or Thurs-Sun, Carling Cup i want to win every game we play. We've only won the FA Cup FFS.
We've invested in a squad to play twice a week so what's the problem.

The more experience we get playing in any european competition the better.
We have a big enough squad to cope with it and we will need the extra games to give everyone enough playing time.

I never thought we were going to win the champs league but think we could go all the way in the europa.
And no one can say they wouldn't be happy if we won the thing.

Bucharest, Bucharest we are coming....

Since when did we become so arrogant that we think any trophy is below us, we have won 1 trophy in my lifetime, i think teams like spurs devaluing the competition is a disgrace .... its a european trophy. we have missed the stage where you find yourself travelling to faroe islands to play an amateur team so i say play to win :)

Putting the arrogance of the post to one side, if, and it's still only an if, we go into the Europa Cup, do you honestly think that the sponsors would be happy if one of the biggest clubs decided to 'opt out'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.