Can we put this rubbish to bed now

blueyorkie

Maine Road had its time and will always have a place in our hearts, the Etihad is a wonderful venue, which will improve further. The garbage about the atmosphere doesn't hold water to anyone who has been to the big games this season and previous seasons. The atmosphere and noise generated in games against the big teams and in the big games is great, we as fans need to replicate this in the lower key games as well. We would soon moan if the players didn't try as hard in the lesser games.

Sorry I had to get that off my chest

Agreed. The memories are now beginning to stack up at the Etihad. It feels like home to me.

piffy on a rock bun said:
I loved Maine Road & I love the Etihad, But I still think I should be able to stand on a terrace to watch football & can you imagine the mayhem if sundays finish had been played out in front of The Kippax.

i agree. grown men jumping and falling over on rows of seats is very dangerous.
bring back the terracing.now.

For 30 minutes on Sunday the atmosphere was the worst I've ever known, at least 50% either had their heads in their hands, were cursing at everything City did, or in a few cases just f**ked off home. Its easy to be great when we're winning.

cleavers said:
For 30 minutes on Sunday the atmosphere was the worst I've ever known, at least 50% either had their heads in their hands, were cursing at everything City did, or in a few cases just f**ked off home. Its easy to be great when we're winning.

I know what you mean but for me that is atmosphere - suspense, anxiety, dread to pure elation in the space of 3 short minutes. Somehow, it just wouldn't have been anything like it was if everybody wasn't on tenterhooks at 2-1.

cleavers said:

A couple around me fucked off. Also, i shit you not, one lad about 18 and his dad, started on some kids for blowing their horns, when we went behind.

wow we looked like fucking it up big time and the crowd showed how tense and nervous they were

how very dare they

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.