Can we still do it?

Re: We can still do it!!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
****MODS DO NOT MERGE AS THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE AJAX GAME****

I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

...and then we have to beat Madrid and hope that Ajax get something off Dortmund. Oh and then we need to win in Germany!

At the moment, I'm not convinced we can beat Ajax!

Whichever way it's dressed up, we need an outcome of biblical proportions just to stand a chance of qualifying.

Gonna be difficult, but I agree. Fully expect us to beat Ajax, Madrid beat Dortmund at home.

At home V Madrid we match Dortmund's result in Amsterdam.

We'd be 3pts behind going into Dortmund away. A win would be good enough. Had a nibble on us on Betfair at 9/1 to qualify. BWIN have us priced up at 7/2.

I believe we can beat Real at home with them sitting comfortably by then and us needing the win + home crowd. And as we've seen Ajax are no pushovers and dortmund only beat them 1-0 at home so Ajax could easily get a draw against them in their game. That just leaves an immensely difficult away trip to Dortmund which would be a must win too. It can be done...just.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
****MODS DO NOT MERGE AS THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE AJAX GAME****

I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

Love your optimism.

I am keeping the faith. What's dissapointing is tonight was the night I believed we would kick on with a victory to boost our confidence and it went wrong. Make the Etihad a couldron of noise and who knows, but let's be positive and believe.

Blue Punter said:
Gonna be difficult, but I agree. Fully expect us to beat Ajax, Madrid beat Dortmund at home.

At home V Madrid we match Dortmund's result in Amsterdam.

We'd be 3pts behind going into Dortmund away. A win would be good enough. Had a nibble on us on Betfair at 9/1 to qualify. BWIN have us priced up at 7/2.
That's a good bet. I am confident we'll beat Ajax and Dortmund will lose in Madrid. If that happens it's back in our hands and we never give up

Surely it would be better for us if Dortmund won in Madrid and then beat Ajax. That would leave us fighting for 2nd place and going to Dortmund needing to win but playing a team with nothing to play for

As the task stands I honestly think we will win our two home games, but the Dortmund away game is a real tough one, we'll need to have balls of steal to get through it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.