Can we win Champs League under Bobby?

Garry.Cook

Right I know i'm running before I can walk and this is based on lots of if's and but's...BUT, IF we were to finish in 4th or better this season and it kicked us on to be regular champions league competitors...could we actually win it?

I only ask because it occured to me that Mancini's excellent Inter side won everything except the Champs league and in Italy he was recognised for being unable to win the trophy. Mourinho goes over and does it straight away.

I love Bobby and wouldn't want to see him replaced by anyone. I'm wondering, though, whether our our genius might already be feeling the pressure to win that evasive trophy.

Thoughts?

de niro said:
with this squad henry mancini could win it.

I love your confidence Bob and I wish I shared it but, for me, a lot of our game comes from Mancini being so cool and collected. If he gets butterflies in his stomach I fear it would translate to our tactics and CL performance.

If we avoid Barca, though IMO we're one of the few teams in Europe equipped to give Barca a tough time with a packed, steely midfield and disciplined defence, like Inter did last year.

One step at a time eh?

Mancini struggled in the CL with Inter so it's a fair question but I think we've got a better squad than he did at Inter...

It will certainly be his biggest test but I don't think he's going to get the sack if we don't manage it for a couple of years yet. Plus we do have to actually qualify first!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.