Can we win the title this year... do you believe or not?

BlueSinclair said:
I can't believe we're even talking about this, come on people let's be realistic. While yes Mancini has had a great start we have only had easy matches so far, no challenges at all. But they are coming so get ready to be disappointed, because it could very well happen when we meet a decent team. I said IT COULD happen, not that it will happen, but I cannot believe why people are talking about the scum fall and the title so much. Have we really looked that good against this weaker teams? Way way way to early to tell.

Why not talk about it though?
Mathematically we are in the running to compete for the title this year, that doesn't mean we will win it, but we definately have a chance as good as anyone I believe.
Looking at our next 5 league games, if we win them and other results go our way, we could be sat In the top 2 of the league come February.
Between now and may, anything could happen?
Knowbody has a right to win the league because they think they should or because on paper their team is superior to other teams.
If we earn the right to win the league, we CAN win the league.
It's in our own hands, if we keep securing 3 points week in week out, if we put a great run together, why can't we win the league???

Although I don't imagine we're gonna win the title this year, I like the idea of having it as our goal - that way, if we miss out, we're still comfortably in the top 4. The danger with only aiming for 4th place is that you end up accepting poorer performances and results and then if anything goes wrong you end up missing out on the Champion League altogether.

BlueSinclair said:
I can't believe we're even talking about this, come on people let's be realistic. While yes Mancini has had a great start we have only had easy matches so far, no challenges at all. But they are coming so get ready to be disappointed, because it could very well happen when we meet a decent team. I said IT COULD happen, not that it will happen, but I cannot believe why people are talking about the scum fall and the title so much. Have we really looked that good against this weaker teams? Way way way to early to tell.
This. I'd be delighted with 4th and/or a trophy. Yet to see anything to suggest we can catch Chelsea, United or Arsenal. Would love to be proven wrong!

While it is very unlikely, its not impossible. We have a reasonably good draw and momentum is a big thing in football. To do it though we would imo have to beat both the Gunners and Chelsea away from home, which for us would be some feat. If we get a few more players in during January (Which I think we will), then we will have plenty of squad depth, and on paper at least our squad is not far off in terms of quality of the regular top 4 teams. Its highly unlikely, but as MCFC fans we know to expect the unexpected, so lets see what happens. Its great to be even just thinking about it to be honest.

From here, I'd be bitterly disappointed if we finish any worse then 4th.

jake28 said:
Nope,those draws will cost us big time,had we won maybe 3 of them then of course we would have a chance but cant see it to be honest.4th and il be ecstatic!
this.

No, all those draws have cost us big time, I just cant see Chelsea dropping that many points. We still have to go to all the teams above us again, and they will be hard games but not unwinable, we could get with in a couple of points of Chelsea.

BlueSinclair said:

I disagree mate, we should be talking about this.
If we'd have won them 3 home games we'd be a point behind Chelsea right now.
We have imo the best squad in the premier league and no Champions League football to worry about, Utd and Arsenal have both won the league in the past after being further behind then we are right now and if we beat Everton on Saturday I'll really start believing!

In order to be winners you have to think like winners,our goal should be to win the league simples

aussie blake said:
This. I'd be delighted with 4th and/or a trophy. Yet to see anything to suggest we can catch Chelsea, United or Arsenal. Would love to be proven wrong!

I think we can catch any of those three they all look poor at times with the possible exception of Chelsea who look average at worse and pretty good at best.
Doubt we can catch all three though and we may well find that opponents discover weaknesses in the Mancini set up that they can exploit.

aussie blake said:
BlueSinclair said:

Eh? If we win our game in hand on United we are three points behind them with a home derby to play......but you still don't see anything to suggest we can catch them? Most odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.