Can you solve the mystery signatory? (& it's not Denis Law)

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
I think I've seen other threads where people have successfully identified player's signatures, some of them bloody difficult to discern from simply 'reading' them.

Here's the back of a programme from a match I attended at Maine Road over thirty years ago with two signatures on the back of it.

Denis Law's is no mystery, but the other one I'm having trouble reading or recollecting (and it could be a little embarrassing if it's someone big) - so any ideas anyone please?

gz1v.jpg

Here's a close-up in a better perspective:

m1j0.jpg

- and if it helps conjure ideas or any clues as to who Denis Law might have been watching this game with, here's the front cover:

s4kg.jpg

MCFCinUSA said:
I think I've seen other threads where people have successfully identified player's signatures, some of them bloody difficult to discern from simply 'reading' them.

Here's the back of a programme from a match I attended at Maine Road over thirty years ago with two signatures on the back of it.

Denis Law's is no mystery, but the other one I'm having trouble reading or recollecting (and it could be a little embarrassing if it's someone big) - so any ideas anyone please?

gz1v.jpg

Here's a close-up in a better perspective:

m1j0.jpg

- and if it helps conjure ideas or any clues as to who Denis Law might have been watching this game with, here's the front cover:

s4kg.jpg

I was at this match and remember denis law outside the main stand and am 99% sure Rodney marsh was there aswell but I don't think its Rodney signature

Don't think it's Rodney marsh's - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsignings.com/QPR.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsignings.com/QPR.htm</a>

Ally mccoist playing for sunderland

Rodney Marsh was a flair player and a flair signatory (for anyone who's seen his autograph) but I reckon we may have a winner already in the first posting to this thread - could it be Elton Welsby??

(..and for those who weren't following City thirty-odd years ago wondering who the hell big Elton Welsby was, he played for us post-war deputising for Frank Swift for a few games before Bert came in full-time, and was the only goalie City ever had who scored a goal at both ends in the same match & could have gone on to great things if it weren't for a freak gardening accident that robbed him of his lucky gardening gloves which doubled for when he was in net)

Ray78 said:
El Hadji Diouf?

good call - I reckon he would have been about to celebrate his first birthday the month after this game was played

;o)<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 pm --<br /><br />
NZBlue said:
Is that Bobby Manc on the front cover dressed as Santa- very prophetic!

I thought it was John Bond looking very festive, but I won't tell the artist what you said as long as you pay the 'protection money'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.