Canal Boat

moggymoz

Seriously thinking when I and the Mrs retire (not long off) purchasing one of these, anyone done it and what is your experience, cheers.

Seriously thinking when I and the Mrs retire (not long off) purchasing one of these, anyone done it and what is your experience, cheers.
My mum and dad bought one in the 90's..... got rid of it a few months later.... they soon realised all they could do was go up the same stretch of water for an hour or two (slowly) and then come.back.... soon got bored.

I spend quite alot of time on the canals, I get to speak to quite a few who live on boats, I was speaking to one lady, her and her hubby had just had enough of the rat race sold everything and bought a boat, she said it was the best thing she had ever done. She had lived on a barge *narrow boat) for the last 4 years

Go on holiday for a week on a barge, get a feel for it, if you don't have to work you can travel the country for the rest of your life, there's loads of youtube vids about life on a barge, the best barges, sizes and costs, something I've looked into and if I'm honest if all goes to plan buy one myself.

57ft narrow boat, you can get on every canal in the country, a wide berth obviously gives you more room but less options on travel, just off to work now but I'll link some videos that give you a look and costs of narrow boat life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.