Canal Street Blues LGBT Supporters Group 2014

I aint going near any canals...

Apart from when boozing at Via in the village.

BigJoe#1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just a general observation but why do you need to organise supporters groups based around sexual orientation?
Probably the same reason that they are meeting in a bar in an area that the bars are based around sexual orientation ie in a place where they feel safe enough to meet, be themselves without hearing / facing prejudicial comments and can discuss their favourite game / club.
In the same was as their is the Football Supporters' Federation, there is also the Gay Football Fans Network.
Good luck, if group are able to attract more Blues to watch games by going to games together then that can only be positive.

It's almost a kind of positive discrimination, is it not? Why set up a separate almost self segregated branch? Don't get me wrong, I'm not gay and I'm not against it, but surely it would be better if there was total integration as opposed to deliberate segregation.

Maybe if someone has joined their local branch and travelled on a coach and had endless hours of 'banter' about homophobic issues (football and non football) then they feel the need to set their own branch up. I'm sure (without knowing) that the membership of the group will be like going to Canal Street itself - anyone with a gay friendly attitude will be welcome. It will be inclusive to anyone who is inclusive!

Good luck with the new Supporters Club. Be good if the club could publicise it. MCFC are a community club and LGBT's are part of our blue community.

Good step in the right direction.

Have you guys seen this event:
<a class="postlink" href="http://eventful.com/manchester/events/just-ball-game-qa-lgbt-history-month-/E0-001-065013518-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eventful.com/manchester/events/j ... 65013518-0</a>

BigJoe#1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just a general observation but why do you need to organise supporters groups based around sexual orientation?
Probably the same reason that they are meeting in a bar in an area that the bars are based around sexual orientation ie in a place where they feel safe enough to meet, be themselves without hearing / facing prejudicial comments and can discuss their favourite game / club.
In the same was as their is the Football Supporters' Federation, there is also the Gay Football Fans Network.
Good luck, if group are able to attract more Blues to watch games by going to games together then that can only be positive.

It's almost a kind of positive discrimination, is it not? Why set up a separate almost self segregated branch? Don't get me wrong, I'm not gay and I'm not against it, but surely it would be better if there was total integration as opposed to deliberate segregation.

I agree..who needs a crafty half time fag when you can share a bottle of poppers..

Mike N said:
Good luck with the new Supporters Club. Be good if the club could publicise it. MCFC are a community club and LGBT's are part of our blue community.

What if the Bs are also undecided about who they support and go to the swamp aswell?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.