*Cannavaro plans project (city likely)*

No way. 35 for a centre back is way too old in the Premier League. Just look at how slow and shit Laurent Blanc was at the rags.

Hmm, wonder if the project is New York Red Bulls, where the Italian fans would treat him like the God he has become in Italia?!

City are not the only "project" in the footballing world!

Id be happy with him, he is old but has kept fit and has played nearly all of Reals games this season. He would bring experiance and although he is past his best he would still improve our defence. Top quality centre backs are hard to buy and i think he would be a good signing on a one season deal. Just think how much our young defenders would learn from him.

No better than what we've got atm and tbh we need a lot of other positions before centre half and when we do start looking at centre halves I'd hope we'd be looking for younger players than 35.

whilst i agree with most people in that at 35 we shouldnt be looking to sign him, he's still a quality defender and i wouldnt mind if we got him for a season or 2. part of the reason he looks pants for real madrid is because of that clown pepe who he plays alongside! hes clueless!

Wasnt able to handle the likes of caleb folan last night against Ireland! I say keep away!

allblackcitizen said:
No. The last thing we need to be doing is gumming up the first team squad with 36 year olds. Would also send the wrong message to the likes of Ned and the talent emerging through the ranks. Let Newcastle or Bolton pay him £100k per week.

Agree. Ned is our Cannavaro and Franco Baresi rolled into one. We now want good young players who want to start their career at CoMS not old codgers who want one last hand out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.