'Cant be Bothered' Performances

Lot's of good points being made on this thread. It sickens me to say that the difference is Ferguson has created a culture at Old Trafford where the players want to win every match. For whatever reason (personal pride, for the club, for the manager or for the fans) Man U players put in a level of performance week in week out that we can't match. Individually we know Uniteds squad doesn't match up but collectively they win the games our players can't get up for.
Mancini never seems to inspire loyalty amongst his players. There's something to be said for not getting too close to the people you manage but you need to build a "team" and that requires fairnees and reward for effort. Mancini appears to me to struggle in those areas. It's not noticable when the team keeps winning but when you need a battle and guys need to stand up and be counted then too many of ours duck their heads down in the wall.

Re: 'Cant be Arsed' Performances

1961RICH said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Aug Liverpool away 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more but for a couple of gifts would've lost comfortably

Sept arsenal home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,arsenal first to every ball simply wanted it more

Nov west ham away 0-0
A tactical masterclass in how not to break a team down
Play was slow and ponderous,never looked like scoring and were lucky to come away with a point,west ham should've had a penalty & had a goal harshly ruled out

Dec Everton home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more

Dec man Utd home 2-3
Basically started the game with ten men by Mancini starting his pet f uckwit Balotelli,2 down before we knew it,rallied a bit then sucker punched at the end by sticking the French coward on the end of the wall
Lost and all down to the tactical nous of Mancini

Dec Sunderland away 0-1
Sunderland first to every ball,deservedly lost as Sunderland simply wanted it more

Jan QPR away 0-0
Slow,pedestrian play made it a comfortable evening for QPR
Never looked like scoring,no plan B and no idea

Feb Liverpool home 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more

Feb Southampton away 1-3
Worst performance of the season
A must win game where we started very slowly and found out to our great surprise that the opposition were first to every ball and simply wanted it more,who knew?
Fully deserved win by saints

March Everton away 0-2
Having seen Wigan dismantle Everton at home in the FA cup the clues to how to play against Everton were there for all to see
Never at the races,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more and we were pathetic,tactically inept and never in the contest

April spurs away 1-3
Comfortably holding a 1-0 lead against a bang average spurs side,Mancini didn't respond to the obvious substitutions Spurs were to make,overran in midfield,spurs first to every ball simply wanted it more and won quite comfortably as city threw Lescott on a a centre forward rather than Dzeko who was on the bench.
Trudged up Seven Sisters rd in disgust season over and thinking I preferred watching City when they were shit but tried

We were very fortunate that Utd choked the title the season before and Mancini has had plenty of opportunities to sort out the clear inadequences of his team in terms of passion,commitment and endeavour never mind the mirage of tactics he clearly knows very little about.
I would be very disappointed if he's not sacked,he's had enough chances to sort it out,time for someone else to have a go

Well played Wigan yesterday
First to every ball and simply wanted it more
Who'd have thought it?[/quote

Pretty much says it all for me - Tactically naiive, too reliant on very skilled individuals to deliver.
Yesterday reminded me of Barcelona play B.Munich in the CL Semi.
A very good assessment and makes you wonder why people still rate Mancini so highly. For me, his public criticism of certain players (especially Kompany) was also out of order and has caused serious problems behind the scenes.

br62 said:
1961RICH said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Aug Liverpool away 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more but for a couple of gifts would've lost comfortably

Sept arsenal home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,arsenal first to every ball simply wanted it more

Nov west ham away 0-0
Play was slow and ponderous,never looked like scoring and were lucky to come away with a point,west ham should've had a penalty & had a goal harshly ruled out

Dec Everton home 1-1
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more

Dec man Utd home 2-3
Basically started the game with ten men by Mancini starting his pet f uckwit Balotelli,2 down before we knew it,rallied a bit then sucker punched at the end by sticking the French coward on the end of the wall

Dec Sunderland away 0-1
Sunderland first to every ball,deservedly lost as Sunderland simply wanted it more

Jan QPR away 0-0

Feb Liverpool home 2-2
Extremely fortunate to escape with a point,Liverpool first to every ball simply wanted it more

Feb Southampton away 1-3
A must win game where we started very slowly and found out to our great surprise that the opposition were first to every ball and simply wanted it more,who knew?

March Everton away 0-2
Having seen Wigan dismantle Everton at home in the FA cup the clues to how to play against Everton were there for all to see
Never at the races,Everton first to every ball simply wanted it more and we were pathetic,tactically inept and never in the contest

April spurs away 1-3
Comfortably holding a 1-0 lead against a bang average spurs side,Mancini didn't respond to the obvious substitutions Spurs were to make,overran in midfield,spurs first to every ball simply wanted it more and won quite comfortably as city threw Lescott on a a centre forward rather than Dzeko who was on the bench.
Trudged up Seven Sisters rd in disgust season over and thinking I preferred watching City when they were shit but tried

We were very fortunate that Utd choked the title the season before and Mancini has had plenty of opportunities to sort out the clear inadequences of his team in terms of passion,commitment and endeavour never mind the mirage of tactics he clearly knows very little about.
I would be very disappointed if he's not sacked,he's had enough chances to sort it out,time for someone else to have a go

Who'd have thought it?[/quote

Pretty much says it all for me - Tactically naiive, too reliant on very skilled individuals to deliver.
Yesterday reminded me of Barcelona play B.Munich in the CL Semi.
A very good assessment and makes you wonder why people still rate Mancini so highly. For me, his public criticism of certain players (especially Kompany) was also out of order and has caused serious problems behind the scenes.

His lack of understanding of what manmanagement is about was highlighted with him dropping Pantilimon yesterday after stating that he would start
Very poor from him

The most annoying thing about mancini is his post match interviews. The standard statements from him:

We played midweek, the players were very tired.
Its impossible we lost this game.
Its impossible our strikers did not score.
I dont know.
Its my fault, I know what went wrong (clearly not)
Criticising players.

Some others you can throw in there as well.

Mario says it all for me. A complete joke of a footballer who should have been shipped out in the summer but instead went on strike. This, more than anything, is the reason Mancini has not been given another season.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Aug Liverpool away 2-2

Sept arsenal home 1-1

Nov west ham away 0-0

Dec Everton home 1-1

Dec man Utd home 2-3

Dec Sunderland away 0-1

Jan QPR away 0-0

Feb Liverpool home 2-2

Feb Southampton away 1-3

March Everton away 0-2

April spurs away 1-3

Who'd have thought it?

Finally someone goes to the trouble of highlighting why mancini is getting the bullet. It's all there in plain english. And remember this doesn't include the champions league debacle or the carling cup loss to Villa. Well done sir!

Its been said before but the majority of sensible Utd fans (the ones you can have a sensible chat about football with) say that we have the better players but they have the better team.

Now after a performance like the one we have just witnessed, its hard to disagree with that and i'm afraid no matter how much we like Roberto, he has to take some responsibilty for that.

The daft thing is we arent short of players who show team spirit, such as Joe Hart, Vinnie, Pab Zab and usually Ya Ya ( although he was a bit absent without leave at Wembley)
Surely you would have thought these players but be capable of rallying the troops but this deoesnt happen and again, to a certain extent the blame for that lies with the boss.

the players have a duty to the manager and the club who pay their wages to put in the effort on match days,not to mention their own pride and the fans who spend a hell of a lot of money to get to the matches.I dont know one person who has not been pissed off with their boss at times,the manager has to motivate them but they also have to self motivate surely

Be interesting to see what kind of a performance we get out of the players tomorrow,see if they are ashamed enough of that display on Saturday to show a bit of pride at Reading

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.