cant view forum on kindle

nevblue

i get a http status 404 error.
it also says "the requested resource (/viewforum.php) is not available."
i can view bluemoon-mcfc page with news on but when i click the forum link it always gives me this error. i have cleared cache, cookies, disabled javascript and rebooted my kindle and its still the same. any ideas please?

I would re-enable javascript for a start, I'm guessing it's a fire rather than the e-readers?

Looking around the forums try :-

Open the web browser
* Click on the Menu icon (washboard look) on the bottom bar
* Settings
* Re-enable Flash by setting it to "Always On" or "On Demand"
* Be sure JavaScript is still enabled
* Acceleration OFF

its not a fire, its a basic one (v3.4) from about 3 years ago, with wifi access only. i have enabled javascript and it still doesn't work.
i can browse other forums withe the kindle and i can view bluemoon forums on other devices on the same wifi network.
the only options i have in the browser settings are clear history, clear cookies, disable javascript and enable images. i have done the first 3.

It sounds to me like you need to flush the DNS cache. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how you do that on a Kindle.

It says here that you need to reset the Kindle, but that seems a bit extreme.

fixed by what ric recommended (hard reset - hold power off for 20 seconds).
must have been the dns cache.
thanks ric, and everyone else who chipped in.

Ric said:
It sounds to me like you need to flush the DNS cache. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how you do that on a Kindle.

Not really, that's just basically turning it off and back on.

I've got the same one (Kindle Keyboard WiFi only) and there's a better way of rebooting it. Press 'Home', press 'Menu'. select 'Settings', press 'Menu' again and select 'Restart'. Just don't select ''Reset To Factory Defaults' by mistake as it'll wipe all your Amazon downloads of it.

ColinLee said:
Ric said:

Not really, that's just basically turning it off and back on.

I've got the same one (Kindle Keyboard WiFi only) and there's a better way of rebooting it. Press 'Home', press 'Menu'. select 'Settings', press 'Menu' again and select 'Restart'. Just don't select ''Reset To Factory Defaults' by mistake as it'll wipe all your Amazon downloads of it.

Ah, sorry. I thought resetting it would lose all your downloads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.