Cappello/terry

kippax88 said:
if richards puts in a good season next year n the terry n lescott deals go through

we could have 3 of the england first team back 4 in our squad.

i think we will find out more about this transfer in a couple of days.

...and when Wayne replace Cashley...a full set

...and when Hart replaces James ...and when Johnson joins Barry & SWP ... and when...

OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I don't think JT's world cup[ place is ever likely to be in question

Agree. You dont drop your best centre back and captain because he moves clubs! Capello is just as likely to tell him to move on the basis that less games = fresher for the World Cup! As far as I can see the only deciding factor in this transfer will be Terry, if he wants to come to City he will do!

LOL..

I think your kidding yourself!

Playing for England has got EVERYTHING to do with what club you play for, and hardly anything to do with how good you are

Phil Neville has over 50 caps FFS!!.. hardly any since he moved to Everton.
Heskey... England regular while at Liverpool... moves to Birmingham.. gone.
Nicky Butt.. moved to Newcastle... not payed for England since has he??
SWP... fringe player while at City, playing his best football.. moves to Chelsea where he sits on the bench most of the time, and they lever him into the England team by moving Beckham to the centre!

Thats why.. if England were playing in my back garden... I'd close the curtains.

Wait until they get into the team on merit again... and not because they play for a team who the top media sports writers support!!

Groucho said:
OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Agree. You dont drop your best centre back and captain because he moves clubs! Capello is just as likely to tell him to move on the basis that less games = fresher for the World Cup! As far as I can see the only deciding factor in this transfer will be Terry, if he wants to come to City he will do!

LOL..

Playing for England has got EVERYTHING to do with what club you play for, and hardly anything to do with how good you are

SWP... fringe player while at City, playing his best football.. moves to Chelsea where he sits on the bench most of the time, and they lever him into the England team by moving Beckham to the centre!

Thats why.. if England were playing in my back garden... I'd close the curtains.

Wait until they get into the team on merit again... and not because they play for a team who the top media sports writers support!!

Spot on Groucho!

Just like the PFA player of the year award, it all depends on who you play for.

Groucho said:
OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

LOL..

Barry regular while playing at Villa
Lescott regular while playing at Everton
Heskey has been playing recently so that statement is not true
Glen Johnson regular while playing for portsmouth
So your statement is incorrect, most of those players you mentioned (neville etc) are no longer playing cos there not good enough at international level.

johnny crossan said:
kippax88 said:
if richards puts in a good season next year n the terry n lescott deals go through

we could have 3 of the england first team back 4 in our squad.

i think we will find out more about this transfer in a couple of days.

...and when Wayne replace Cashley...a full set

...and when Hart replaces James ...and when Johnson joins Barry & SWP ... and when...

Haha!

Groucho said:
OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

LOL..

Whilst I agree with you to an extent I dont think it applies to all players. People like Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney would get called up no matter who they play for. If Terry moves to City he will go to the World Cup as captain!

OrigamiNinja said:
Groucho said:
OrigamiNinja said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

LOL..

Whilst I agree with you to an extent I dont think it applies to all players. People like Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney would get called up no matter who they play for. If Terry moves to City he will go to the World Cup as captain!

This^^^

I posted this on another forum earlier - does make for interesting thinking when you consider our position just 1 year ago:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a thought - and yes I know I am getting ahead of myself and over-positive

We are so used to average players (e.g. the neville sisters) getting into the England team just because they play for the scum, but if certain things do come off, e.g. Terry and Lescott we could see England at the world cup next year with more representatives (both 1st team and squad) from CITY than any other team

Off the top of my head:

Scum - 1st team Ferdinand & Rooney - squad - Carrick & Foster (do not think Neville or Brown)

= 2 + 2

Chelski - 1st team Ashley Cole & Lampard - squad - Joe Cole

= 2 + 1

City 1st team Terry, Barry - -squad - SWP, Lescott, Bridge, Hart (Think Ned will just miss out)

= 2 + 4

And if coke-nose gets injured again that could be Lescott in

Just some idle thinking whilst waiting for the SSN yellow ticker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.