Captain Beefheart

johnny on the spot said:
Has died. Bad times.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSlM0IOXt6o&feature=fvst[/youtube]

Johnny,

I think you'll agree. One of the true greats.

By no means a fan (Mate dragged me to agig of his at Free Trade Hall in mid 70's...a night of my life I will never get back, lol) but still sad news as it's yet another of the old guard gone...suppose it's going to be a more and more common ocurrance given the old rock stars ages now...

Good enough for Joe Strummer?Thats got to be good.RIP Fella.
Quote:JoeStrummer.org: The mid-60's brought many outstanding rock 'n roll acts, from both sides of the Atlantic, but Britain was the focal point: Captain Beefheart, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, The Pretty Things, Yardbirds, Dr. Feelgood, Lou Reed and Bo Diddley were among the numerous acts that triggered John's(John Mellor aka Joe Strummer,) future choice of career.Wow.....

Unconditionally Guaranteed is one of my favourite albums ever. I can see why a lot of people didn't get him and his more 'out there' material, but this was packed full of classic and very accessible tunes. He was a true original and innovator who had a crazy life. An artist in every sense of the world. Very sad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.