Car advice.... Petrol or Hybrid'

BigJoe#1

Going to get a car on PCP VW Golf - R Line 1.5 150 BHP

Cannot decide whether to go for a Petrol or Hybrid.

Petrol is disadvantageous because of the price of petrol (though still need to buy petrol for Hybrid) and the fact petrol vehicles are being phased out from 2030 onwards (assuming the Government deliver).

Missus does not fancy an automatic which all Hybrids are.

Hybrids are about 15% more expensive but I guess you get more MPG in a Hybrid and I assume will probably be worth more in 4 years time...i,

Can take delivery of petrol in October but Hybrid is 6-9 months wait.

Hybrids are still relatively new and there may be problems up ahead that we know nothing about at the moment.

I guess my main question is am I likely to lose a shedload of cash (over and above the massive depreciation) by buying a petrol car today?

Any petrol heads out there who can give an opinion/advice?

TIA

I always thought that was the benefit of PCP, that the future value is the risk of the PCP provider and not the owner. At the end of the agreement you can just hand it back.
Personally I would just buy a slightly older low mileage car and get a bank loan. New cars hemorrhage money.

Electric. Especially if you can have a charge point put in at home.

Keep the money you earn to yourself rather than set fire to it and blow it out of your exhaust.

I always thought that was the benefit of PCP, that the future value is the risk of the PCP provider and not the owner. At the end of the agreement you can just hand it back.
Personally I would just buy a slightly older low mileage car and get a bank loan. New cars hemorrhage money.
I think the pcp company will say after 4 years ifyou stick to 8k miles a year and it’s in good condition it will be worth £20k for example. so at the end of your 4 years if it’s worth more your better off buying it for the agreed price and punting it for say £25k. And if it’s worth less hand it back

Going to get a car on PCP VW Golf - R Line 1.5 150 BHP

Cannot decide whether to go for a Petrol or Hybrid.

Petrol is disadvantageous because of the price of petrol (though still need to buy petrol for Hybrid) and the fact petrol vehicles are being phased out from 2030 onwards (assuming the Government deliver).

Missus does not fancy an automatic which all Hybrids are.

Hybrids are about 15% more expensive but I guess you get more MPG in a Hybrid and I assume will probably be worth more in 4 years time...i,

Can take delivery of petrol in October but Hybrid is 6-9 months wait.

Hybrids are still relatively new and there may be problems up ahead that we know nothing about at the moment.

I guess my main question is am I likely to lose a shedload of cash (over and above the massive depreciation) by buying a petrol car today?

Any petrol heads out there who can give an opinion/advice?

TIA

The govt phasing out of petrol/hybrids is for new only I think.

I have a Toyota CHR Petrol Hybrid which sips fuel and as you say because it’s hybrid is an automatic and my first other than the odd hire car overseas and I ain’t ever going back to manual if I can avoid it.

You mention about the hybrid being worth more at the end of the 4 years.
That's probably correct but will also have a bigger balloon payment so you won't be any better off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.