Car driving standards

They’re cheaper than proper buttons as manufacturers can make physically identical dashboards across model ranges instead of installing different wiring looks and switches depending on what the customer specs.

The marketing team then try and spin it as a “high tech” feature.

They’re hateful. I’ve had a lot of different cars over the years, including some modern ones. They’re getting worse and worse and almost all new cars are just soulless disposable appliances, which is one of many reasons I now drive an old Land Rover.
My mate has a Tesla, I was not impressed, lots of creaks and groans, not that quiet on the road and the most annoying thing is that to open the glove box you have to put a keycode into the screen (I don't know if this is something he has configured) but why? If I want to open the glove box whilst in the car and it is on why should I need to put a bloody code in?

All this "tech" must be a distraction, I have a 308 Peugeot and the heating is operated through the touch screen, you have to concentrate so hard on keeping your hand still, especially on bumpy roads, for me I don't think this is safe. Bring back physically operated buttons and switches.

Snap !!!! I'm on my 3rd on monday, 8.30. Clearly they dont work.
Well I had one before covid and something clicked with me, watching the videos that highlight all of the risks and then the info they gave on how 5 mph more can be the difference between killing someone or not, really hit home for me. I now do not speed, I do a max of 69 on the motorway and leave way more space than I used to. Amazingly I don't see any noticeable difference to journey times and I arrive a lot more chilled out!

My mate has a Tesla, I was not impressed, lots of creaks and groans, not that quiet on the road and the most annoying thing is that to open the glove box you have to put a keycode into the screen (I don't know if this is something he has configured) but why? If I want to open the glove box whilst in the car and it is on why should I need to put a bloody code in?

All this "tech" must be a distraction, I have a 308 Peugeot and the heating is operated through the touch screen, you have to concentrate so hard on keeping your hand still, especially on bumpy roads, for me I don't think this is safe. Bring back physically operated buttons and switches.

Tesla are the worst for this kind of shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.