Carabao Cup 20/21

Teams are playing with 10 in the box so it’s hard finding space & of course Silva mg favourite ever player was crucial to this. Sane less effective when no space to run into.

You like stats so -
Do we have the best defence?
Have we missed more chances than any other team?
Do you think the Rags & Dippers were better than us?
No i hate stats tbh

We have improved defensively (I think we are joint best - or were the other night)

We arent creating as many chances as we were whether we are creating more than anyone else....our forwards need more as they are no where near as clinical.

Teams have played 10 men behind the ball for the last few seasons - nothing has changed

We were no better than the rags - they play a different game to us - we are possession based - and did very little with it...they hit on the break - and did very little with their chances either (though had a goal rightfully ruled offside but it was close and without VAR may have been allowed (like Fodens the other night as I dont think it would have been spotted in real time)
Dippers were about 50-50 with us.
Spurs were better....Leicester better than us as well
We were no better than West Brom - lots of possession but threatened very little until the last 10 -15 mins.
Leeds were as good as us

The games where we have played were
Wolves away
Burnely we were good but it is Burnley

Weirdly for us we have been better in the champs league than in the prem - our style of play nt just the results seems to have been more fluid - for me its usually the other way around

Lots of players are not playing to capacity (Maybe due to lack of pre season) - KDB, Laporte, Ederson, Sterling, Rodri, Bernardo (though he has been poor since the racism accusation), Mahrez (though thats nothing new for him) - we are underperforming across the team

The positives are Dias and Cancello at present with the former (along with a return of form by John Stones) being the main reasons for our much improved defensive performance (along with Pep playing one more deeper/less creative midfielder instead of the double 8's he has employed in the past)

Controversial one but I think Everton have regressed under Ancelotti. He seems to rate a lot of iffy players and they looked a whole lot more progressive under Marco Silva.

Controversial one but I think Everton have regressed under Ancelotti. He seems to rate a lot of iffy players and they looked a whole lot more progressive under Marco Silva.
I have to say I liked Marco Silva. He had class. He just got on with the football and played attacking football. He did not bother with the moaning and malingering that a lot of other managers do. Shame it did not work out for him.

Teams are playing with 10 in the box so it’s hard finding space & of course Silva mg favourite ever player was crucial to this. Sane less effective when no space to run into.

You like stats so -
Do we have the best defence?
Have we missed more chances than any other team?
Do you think the Rags & Dippers were better than us?
No neither were but Leicester were, to be fair.

No i hate stats tbh

We have improved defensively (I think we are joint best - or were the other night)

We arent creating as many chances as we were whether we are creating more than anyone else....our forwards need more as they are no where near as clinical.

Teams have played 10 men behind the ball for the last few seasons - nothing has changed

We were no better than the rags - they play a different game to us - we are possession based - and did very little with it...they hit on the break - and did very little with their chances either (though had a goal rightfully ruled offside but it was close and without VAR may have been allowed (like Fodens the other night as I dont think it would have been spotted in real time)
Dippers were about 50-50 with us.
Spurs were better....Leicester better than us as well
We were no better than West Brom - lots of possession but threatened very little until the last 10 -15 mins.
Leeds were as good as us

The games where we have played were
Wolves away
Burnely we were good but it is Burnley

Weirdly for us we have been better in the champs league than in the prem - our style of play nt just the results seems to have been more fluid - for me its usually the other way around

Lots of players are not playing to capacity (Maybe due to lack of pre season) - KDB, Laporte, Ederson, Sterling, Rodri, Bernardo (though he has been poor since the racism accusation), Mahrez (though thats nothing new for him) - we are underperforming across the team

The positives are Dias and Cancello at present with the former (along with a return of form by John Stones) being the main reasons for our much improved defensive performance (along with Pep playing one more deeper/less creative midfielder instead of the double 8's he has employed in the past)

mate the rags were dogshit & it was so far off side, agree wouldn’t have been given without VAR but that doesn’t mean defence didn’t do its job. They didn’t create 1 meaningful (legal) chance whereas we spurned some good chances & we were a penalty miss against getting the win v Dippers.

as for the 10 behind the ball teams are doing it so much better, they don’t chase the ball or player without someone moving into the space they are leaving. It may look like City are just moving the ball side to side but they are trying to move players for the key pass. Against WBA it was same tactic v Burnley, full backs high & then wingers make late run inside but Rodri fcked up that pass so many times. Where we agree on is the form of individuals, small margins, that touch of brilliance that made our tap in goals look easy but I’ve not seen any team that hasn’t looked shit & the Rags keep getting that help they need.

Personally I’d like to see more bodies in the box, maybe Aguero & Jesus together up front when available.

I have to say I liked Marco Silva. He had class. He just got on with the football and played attacking football. He did not bother with the moaning and malingering that a lot of other managers do. Shame it did not work out for him.
It ended badly for him at Goodson. Think that Cup tie he lost at Anfield against Liverpool's kids marked his card. That was a terrible result for him (think he was the manager at that time?).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.