25 Watford

26 AFC Wimbledon or Ipswich Town

27 Cardiff City or Southampton

28 Colchester United or Brentford

29 Nottingham Forest or Newcastle United

30 Swansea City or Wycombe Wanderers

31 West Ham United or AFC Bournemouth

32 Wolverhampton Wanderers or Burnley

Only grounds I’ve not been to are Barrow and Fleetwood.

Barrow would almost certainty involve a stopover and not a particularly appealing one.

Fleetwood would be great.

Just noticed AFC Wimbledon aswell. That would be a good trip but a full two dayer.

I'm not sure teams in Europe deserve to be seeded away from each other, we've already skipped one round-how much protection do we need? Can't see this going down well with fans of other clubs.

I'm not sure teams in Europe deserve to be seeded away from each other, we've already skipped one round-how much protection do we need? Can't see this going down well with fans of other clubs.

Be interesting to see how it's perceived by other clubs.

I imagine Premier League teams don't like it because there less chance of big clubs going out and rivals get an easier schedule. However, most of them don't take the League Cup seriously.

I imagine lower league clubs don't mind it as they've more chance of a big day out and higher gate receipts.

Not a fan of a seeded draw either but the football league had no choice unless they kicked the European sides our, which financially they weren't going to do.

It’s been done to avoid a clash with UCL fixtures. Seeded teams will play in the alternate UCL week.

Wasn’t really a question of deserving. It was that or risk them having to play the under 16s the day before/ after a European game. Or give them a bye all the way to the 4th round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.