Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Watford (H) | Tues 24th Sept, 49 hours after Arsenal

Fuck me, the Geordies and their players are still celebrating on the pitch for 10 minutes after the final whistle.

1969 since they last won anything & 1955 the time afore that .....desperados

They were last champions in the 1920s. The 1920s! I myself was astonished when I looked it up a few years ago. The mackems have been champions more recently. That's a fact.
Looked at coolly, and setting hatreds aside (I personally don't hate the Geordies, never have done, but there's those on here who do — fair enough) they are almost certainly the most underachieving big club across the entire league. Of course there are those who will immediately scoff and say that they aren't a big club, but by any other metric than trophies they actually are. The north-east loves its football, always has done (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough, whichever one you take). It is the big underachieving region in the land.

They were last champions in the 1920s. The 1920s! I myself was astonished when I looked it up a few years ago. The mackems have been champions more recently. That's a fact.
Looked at coolly, and setting hatreds aside (I personally don't hate the Geordies, never have done, but there's those on here who do — fair enough) they are almost certainly the most underachieving big club across the entire league. Of course there are those who will immediately scoff and say that they aren't a big club, but by any other metric than trophies they actually are. The north-east loves its football, always has done (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough, whichever one you take). It is the big underachieving region in the land.
John Tyler, the 10th President of the United States, was born in 1790, 102 years before Newcastle but his grandson is alive, today. Makes you think…….

John Tyler, the 10th President of the United States, was born in 1790, 102 years before Newcastle but his grandson is alive, today. Makes you think…….

On that note (and veering wildly off topic) I was once told that certain carp (I think it was carp) can live several hundred years, and it's been proven. Sounds like complete bullshit to me. Anglers about this one?

It's crazy really. If Keegan knew how to set his teams up to close our games they would have won the league in the year of the famous rant.
I'm old enough to remember them winning the fairs cup in 1969, 6-2 over two legs. Bobby Moncur scored three times and their star forwards of Pop Robson and Wynn Davies surprisingly didn't score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.