Carabao Cup R4 Draw | Spurs (A) | Wed 30 Oct 20:15

Pep said this after the game last night;

In the next round, we’re going to play the players that play less minutes or the second team. We are not going to waste energy for this competition, for sure’.

I think this will be the case in this competition ongoing now. In a few years I can see teams in Europe no longer playing in the EFL Cup.

Given the champions league seems to keep on being extended and new fangled competitions created as well, I see a point where teams will no longer compete in the league cup. That would be sad for me as it's always had a special place in my heart. Also it's an early trip to Wembley and the chance to get a trophy in the cupboard early doors. Maybe we'll continue but just play a total second string to give them experience.

Sat 26 Oct - 3pm City: Southampton (H)
Sun 27 Oct - 2pm Spurs: Palace (A)

Tue 29 Oct - This Tie
(we just played Sun/Tue so why not them)
Wed 30 Oct - This Tie
(more likely to be played here)

Sat 2 Nov - 3pm City: Bournemouth (A)
Sun 3 Nov - 2pm Spurs: Villa (H)

The scheduling could dictate what team they can put out, Tuesday favours us, Wednesday evens it out …

Play whoever Pep wants … I want to win this, and every other trophy this season!

There’s just too many games to take the Carabao Cup seriously anymore. If by any chance City beat Spurs, and the team in the QF, and get to the semis, then it starts getting serious. But with extra games in the CL, and an injury ravaged start to the season, I won’t be bothered if City get knocked out by Spurs.
I'm the same until it happens. Then utd or dippers start parading it round like it's the biggest cup ever. Just to cover up their failures elsewhere

This season is completeley different though.

CL league stage rolls into next year when previously if was done and dusted til Spring.

Do we really want PL, CL, League Cup and FA Cup games in December / January.

Not for me
You stay at home then and pull up your duvet. And your knickers whilst you’re at it.

This season is completeley different though.

CL league stage rolls into next year when previously if was done and dusted til Spring.

Do we really want PL, CL, League Cup and FA Cup games in December / January.

Not for me
It was around the third week in February not Spring, this time the teams finishing 9-24 play qualifiers in February, the knockout proper doesn't start until March so hopefully we finish top 8 and relieve some fixture congestion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.