Cardiff (A) Post Match Thread

Well, we were wank on Wednesday and absolutely top notch today so not sure the two are comparable.
I know, but the moaners don’t often post anything positive regardless of results. No problem people having an opinion even if it’s negative but after the Lyon game I thought we had turned into Sunderland.

Sweet pass my motm Bernardo and Agüero finished very well to mark his 300th appearance. Three mins later Sané whipped it in and Bernardo got a loopy headed goal himself. 1-2 with Sterling and very nicely stroked into the top corner Gündoğan. Then Raheem out to Ilkay who found Mahrez for his first City goal. Riyad topped it off latching onto the loose ball and finding the bottom corner. 5-0, great performance.

Last edited:
Was Mahrez good??
Generally, yes. His passing was still off (could have played Foden in one-on-one with the keeper but fluffed the pass, and then did it again with Walker later), but he kept going, worked hard, finished the chance Ilkay put on a platter for him, and then won the ball back in the Cardiff box and curled it past the keeper.

Overall, it looks like he is slowly understanding our system more and therefore can execute what he envisions a bit better than when he first came. It’ll take time but I think he will be an influential player for us. He just has to remember that he has the skill to take his man on and that others can help him on when he has hit a roadblock.

foden looks class. doesnt look out of place at all.

absolutely - and so did Gundo and Mahrez, both of whom I've previously been underwhelmed by, so happy to eat some humble pie and give full credit today.

really looking forward to seeing the team we put out midweek now

Headline on the BBC , "City return three seats from their away allocation as they scrape through 5-0 at penniless Cardiff" , on a brighter note superb performance couldnt understand why Gundogan was starting today but that is why Pep is paid the big bucks , he was the best player on the pitch. it really could have been double figures and great to see Phil Foden getting a cameo he didnt look out of place , clever footballer. Like Warnock said , he's glad he only has to play is twice this season, unless they are unlucky enough to draw us in the FA Cup again.

Eddie - 7
Walker - 6
Laporte - 6
Otamendi - 6
Delph - 5
Ferny - 7
Berni - 9
Gundog - 9
Sterling - 8
Sane - 7
Aguero - 8

Mahrez - 8
Foden - 7
Agree with that, except Delph’s and Walker’s rating need to switch. It is absolutely being nitpicky after we win like that, but Walker was fairly poor for his standards (and ours in general).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.