Carlos Tevez

Arsenal - Doubt they would spend so much on another striker after Arshavin
Chelsea - Would be in same situation as at the Rags with Anelka, Drogba dilemma of who will play.
Liverpool - They could afford him, but it would mess up the way they play just like when Keane was there.
Everton - They can't afford him. Simples.

If he does stay in England it will be with us.

very good player but it he doesnt fit the type of player that MH has said only this weekend he is after......he wants a big guy upfront that can hold the ball up........now if he goes for a uk based player this means he will go for crouch or rsc.....neither of which i would want!!!!!!

bluemoondays said:
If they have had an offer of £45m for him I'd walk away, he's a good player but there are <10 players in the world worth more than that sort of cash and Tevez isn't one of them.

If he came to us he'd probably be competing for the Superman/Elano/SWP position as he isn't an out-and-out striker or a target man of any sort.

I think we'd end up with him bitching about not getting in the 1st team all the time for us especially if we spend big on other players this summer as we're expecting. If we do get an Eto'o, Villa, Van der Vaart, Robben (just throwing names in the ring) our front 4 are starting to look congested.

SWP......Ireland.....Robinho
...........Striker...............

Who gets dropped from this line-up to make way for Tevez? Especially as we have Elano as a sub role in there and Petrov to stand-in for Robbie and move Robbie central.

Saying all that, I'd still have him like a shot but I think his value is around the £20m mark at most and that's probably one of the reasons Baconface isn't taking up the £30m option on him. He's not set the world alight playing in a good scum team or been able to make a starting position his own.

finally some sense is spoken. i'd much rather see stevie get the starting position, robinho dropped into a more central free role and have us buy an out and out left winger (which robinho ISN'T).

something like:

SWP/Elano - - Ireland - - Silva/Young
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Robinho - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - Gomez - - - - - - - - - -

seems more appealing to me than trying to fit tevez in there aswell. i do give him credit, i love his work rate and would love to see him here, but i really don't think he fits the bill in our current predicament.

Looks like Hughes wants him and he wants to come. He's a good player so I'd sign him.

However, do agree with the comments above about where we play him. He's more of a Bellamy type terrier kind of player than a target man, and Hughes also wants a target man I'm sure, so where does that leave us? Is Bellamy a write off already thanks to this injury?

So what happens is nobody wants to pay that money for him? Another loan at £6m for two years? I'd be happy at that.

Milan bid £45m for Tevez. Paper talk on ssn of course so prob crap.

Tevez has said he wants to stay local as his family have settled in Cheshire. So it could be us or bin dippers.

I would have him, but dont think he would command a starting place each week so prob wouldnt be happy

So if he isn't going to command a starting place, is it Vassell, Benjani, Evans or Jo that will be keeping him out of the first team.

Milan couldnt afford the 5m to buy beckham out of his contract where precisely they seeing 45m from i wonder!

mancboy123 said:
Milan couldnt afford the 5m to buy beckham out of his contract where precisely they seeing 45m from i wonder!

precisely.

They just conjuring cash from nowhere eh?

Odd thing is you never get journalists asking these type of questions...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.