Carmen Young, Nellies widow

Alex the Blue

I had a very long conversation with Carmen Young yesterday. She is still very much grieving over the loss of her husband Neil Young and our legend, 'Nelly'.

Despite her great sadness Carmen once again asked me to thank all supporters for the great support of the Neil Young Appeal.

So on behalf of Carmen may I thank all who supported the Appeal, sent Carmen messages of support etc. Diamonds everyone of you.

I had the pleasure of meeting Carmen after last season's FA Cup final on what for very obvious reasons was an extremely emotional day for her.

What a lovely lady. She chatted to us for ages. I got the distinct impression that she just loves talking about City and in particular about Neil of whom she is rightly very proud of the wonderful contribution he made to City.

If she visits Bluemoon and is reading this, I'd just like to say thanks Carmen for taking the time to chat and to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas. I am sure Neil will be with you in spirit.

Dr Mick said:
I had the pleasure of meeting Carmen after last season's FA Cup final on what for very obvious reasons was an extremely emotional day for her.

What a lovely lady. She chatted to us for ages. I got the distinct impression that she just loves talking about City and in particular about Neil of whom she is rightly very proud of the wonderful contribution he made to City.

If she visits Bluemoon and is reading this, I'd just like to say thanks Carmen for taking the time to chat and to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas. I am sure Neil will be with you in spirit.

dont think she has access to a computer.Keep meaning to reply to her as she has kept in touch by post.Very genuine lady,very sincere I can tell by her letters.

Best wishes to Carmen and Neil's family. They're all still in our thoughts and prayers. Neil is a legend and always will be at City.

Dr Mick said:

Carmen is indeed a lovely lady and does enjoy talking about City and Neil. She does not have a computer and only sees site like Bluemoon when somebody shows her. I'll be passing on comments to her when I talk to her soon.

Alex the Blue said:
I had a very long conversation with Carmen Young yesterday. She is still very much grieving over the loss of her husband Neil Young and our legend, 'Nelly'.

Despite her great sadness Carmen once again asked me to thank all supporters for the great support of the Neil Young Appeal.

So on behalf of Carmen may I thank all who supported the Appeal, sent Carmen messages of support etc. Diamonds everyone of you.

My grandad died almost 30 years ago. Sadly, I was only just getting to the point where I could really understand and appreciate some of the things he was telling me when he died, and I feel I missed a real opportunity to know him better before he died. But I do remember him clearly telling me what a great player Neil Young was, and what a truly nice guy off the pitch too.

There isn't a lot you can say on a football forum that brings solace for those who are grieving. But if there is the slightest comfort for Carmen in knowing that thousands of total strangers loved Neil, and thousands more who are no longer around to say themselves that they loved him too, then the Internet might not be such a bad thing after all.

Thank you for everything Neil, from me and my grandad

Chris in London said:
Alex the Blue said:

My grandad died almost 30 years ago. Sadly, I was only just getting to the point where I could really understand and appreciate some of the things he was telling me when he died, and I feel I missed a real opportunity to know him better before he died. But I do remember him clearly telling me what a great player Neil Young was, and what a truly nice guy off the pitch too.

There isn't a lot you can say on a football forum that brings solace for those who are grieving. But if there is the slightest comfort for Carmen in knowing that thousands of total strangers loved Neil, and thousands more who are no longer around to say themselves that they loved him too, then the Internet might not be such a bad thing after all.

Thank you for everything Neil, from me and my grandad
That is a lovely post.

Tony Book was in my college a few weeks ago answering questions, and almost everyone he spoke of Neil Young. To be honest as well he still looked like he was grieving too...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWonVD49ED0[/youtube]

Seems an opportune moment to post this on here again. Done by someone on here, IIRC. A very touching video.

Some very nice comments here which I'll pass onto Carmen. I think the comments will help improve her Christmas. Nice to see the video tribute to Nelly again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.