Cascarino on Robinho

BlueInBury

Apologise if this has already been posted, I cant see it anywhere:

Former Aston Villa and Millwall striker Tony Cascarino has branded Manchester City winger Robinho the worst signing in Premiership history.

Robinho completed his loan move to former club Santos last night.

And in his column for The Times, Cascarino wrote: "Goodbye and good riddance to the worst signing in Premier League history.

"Not the worst player, of course: Robinho is hugely talented. And with 14 goals in the league last term, you couldn’t say he disgraced himself in his debut season in English football. But if there was a statistic that linked cost with commitment, wages with workrate, he would be right at the bottom of the value-for-money table.

"Other expensive flops failed in England because they were not good enough, not managed properly or failed to adapt to the life or the style of play.

"Juan Sebastián Verón? Just not suited to the Premier League. Andriy Shevchenko? A player in a sharp physical decline. That’s forgivable. He did his best.

"Robinho failed because he was uninterested. As a former player who tried to work extra hard to make up for my technical limitations, seeing someone so gifted yet so lazy disgusts me."

Dont get me wrong im not Robbies biggest fan but this has to be one of the most ill informed opinions I have ever heard! Its clearly the words of a man who hasn't seen most of Robinhos performances, he is simply saying what he thinks others are saying! PRICK!

Cascariono predicted we would be relegated under sven.........shows what he knows.

The man is a tool, and seems to have it in for us. How some of these ex-pros get given the time of day is amazing.The guy played for ireland because he had an irish wolf hound. Cock.

Clubber said:
Cascariono predicted we would be relegated under sven.........shows what he knows.

The man is a tool, and seems to have it in for us. How some of these ex-pros get given the time of day is amazing.The guy played for ireland because he had an irish wolf hound. Cock.

I don't understand why these shit never-has-been players are given a platform by the media.

Cascarino might be a "cock" or a "prick" but in this case he`s only telling the truth ! Robinho is talented we`ve all seen flashes of it but he is undoubtedly the Laziest , workshy "player" ever to pull on a Sky Blue shirt ! The way he hides in games and pulls out of anything even remotely resembling a tackle marks him down as a coward , hence his looking for the soft option of the Brazillian league . He needs to grow some !

Strangely enough, but at Celtic he was generally regarded as the worst signing, in terms of ability, in the history of the SPL.

It's a small world, huh?

The worst in the business is Cascarino. As someone said, he predicted we'd be relegated under Sven. He hates us, I usually don't go down that road but he really does dislike us. He's a prick of the highest order!

Robinho has probably done more for this football club than any other player in history; he gave fans the hope we've missed for decades and no doubt encouraged our other top players to sign for us. A 1 in 3 goals record from out wide is a bloody good return too and it's just a shame that injury, loss of confidence and a rape charge interrupted what was looking like a dream move!

Entitled to his missing-toothed opinion, i suppose. SO am I then, and the only reason Cascarino ever played for a club as prestegious as Marseille, was because they were fraudsters, relegated to ligue 2 and needed some dopey 6 footer to hoof the ball too. In other words, he was fucking lucky to be able to have that club on his CV. Never liked that prick.

How come Robinho is currently bearing the brunt of the "worst signing ever" bollocks?

What about Anderson at the Rags? £17m and can't make the bench after 2 anonymous years.

Tosic at the Rags? Another £16m flop... bought last year, hardly kicked a ball in anger, bombed out to Cologne on loan last week.

Berbatov? £31m...Need I go on...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.