Casillas: Manchester City are Real Madrid’s main rival

HelloCity

IMG_1257.jpeg
Iker Casillas says Manchester City have REPLACED Bayern Munich as Real Madrid's main rivals in the Champions League

The former goalkeeper said, "Manchester City has replaced Bayern Munich in the European rivalry with Real Madrid, and in recent years, they have taken over that place." explained the world champion.

"They are the two best teams in the world, in my humble opinion, and they have been facing each other in the Champions League for years."

I don’t think anyone can argue with that.

Over the last two or three years, the two clubs have been the dominant forces in European football.

I’m sure, even FC Franco would admit that they were very lucky against us in the quarterfinal last season.

I have no doubt that, if we’d won the tie, we would have gone on to lift the trophy again.

Since winning the pandemic CL in 2019-20, Bayern have reached the semi finals just once (last season). They’ve definitely slipped down the pecking order and failing to win last season’s Bundesliga also shows that. Hard to argue that we’ve comfortably overtaken them.
But there will no doubt be a concerted effort from them to get to this season’s final with it being in Munich. They’ll still be a tough nut to crack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.