Cass - 'They'l Make It If They're Good Enough'

mikeylad222

Do you agree? I'm not so sure with big Jim on this one, the City squad of current (excluding other transfer activity) is hard enough to get into never mind one at the end of a summer transfer window.

I dont see Ched cutting it ahead of the likes of RSC, Tevez etc or MJ forcing his way amongst Barry, De Jong, Zabs, Kompany.

McGivern, Weiss, Clayton have all been on the bench last season and I feel they'l struggle to even make that come the end of a long busy sumer spend.

You could well be right, a shame really.

Unless we plan to blood them in the carling cup like the others, but i'd rather win a trophy first personally lol

I agree - its just that now they'll have to be even better than the standard previously set. always worth investing in our youth as its obviously cheaper than buying a $20m player - but we've raised the bar which probably means less will make the grade.

The bar is getting raised this season and I think will continue to be raised over the next few seasons. But if they are good enough then yes they will make it but it's now going to take a higher calibre of player to break through from now on.

The game has changed. Thirty years ago the side that won the FA Youth Cup would be more or less the side you expected to see lining up four years or so later. Nowadays the expected results are immediate.

It is a great shame, but that is what this has become. It would be nice if you could develop them in the background and introduce them at the top of their game, but you cant. In fairness to the lads themselves, they willl be champing at the bit to play top level football, and if they have to move on to other clubs to do so, then the very best of luck to them. If they do eventually become superstars, at least we can say we created them!

Or buy them back at a ludicrous price!!!

I think Weiss will make it. Clayton and McGivern, eventually, will leave for first team football.

"I dont see Ched cutting it ahead of the likes of RSC, Tevez etc or MJ forcing his way amongst Barry, De Jong, Zabs, Kompany"

That's the whole point though.Ched isn't good enough and that's why he won't make it.

Some youngsters need a chance to show they are good enough, it's all very well saying if they are good enough they will make it but some won't be given a chance. I hope they do.

Who are the some you are thinking of? Do you think the Carling Cup is a good way of blooding the right youngsters or maybe just substitute appearances?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.