Cat advice

I've only advice to give, on the naming of cats (T. S Eliot)
===
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn’t just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I’m as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there’s the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo, or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey—
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter—
But all of them sensible everyday names,
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that’s particular,
A name that’s peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum—
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there’s still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover—
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular name.

So sorry to hear this, I can't begin to imagine not having mine about. We have barely left each others side since we rescued her about 4 months ago. Hope you're ok mate
I’ve just got back from the vets.

Very glad I went, she looked at peace and in better condition than I expected. Sobbed all the way home but feel like I’ve had the chance to say goodbye.

Chosen a box with her picture on for her ashes, so I can bring her home.

Loss is a part of being a pet owner, it's sad but it's true. The one thing you can look back on is that the Cat had a good life, or as good a life as you gave it.

Lost a Cat to cancer 6 months ago and I still can't really talk about it, and I think to myself "Grow up man" it's a bloody Cat.

But it isn't just a Cat, give yourself time mate, the fact you care makes you human.
There is something definitely wrong with people who don't like animals so fair play to you, would recommend getting another as a house isn't a home without a pet

Anyone had much experience with cats being sick?

We got ours as a rescue aged 13 (allegedly), she's around 17 now if that's right. Used to be sick once every few months, but a couple of months ago started being sick every day, but otherwise seemed fine.

Took her to the vets, but as it happened she wasn't sick the day we took her, they did nothing however she stopped being sick for a few weeks, then it restarted, sick daily for a few weeks, took her back to the vets and hey presto stopped being sick. We're now back to being sick daily.

She's fine in herself otherwise, eats and drinks well, I asked for bloods last time which were also fine. So our current thinking is she's an old cat we should just leave her be as she seems totally her normal self otherwise.

Not sure if anyone else has had similar experiences with older cats?

We got ours as a rescue aged 13 (allegedly), she's around 17 now if that's right. Used to be sick once every few months, but a couple of months ago started being sick every day, but otherwise seemed fine.

Took her to the vets, but as it happened she wasn't sick the day we took her, they did nothing however she stopped being sick for a few weeks, then it restarted, sick daily for a few weeks, took her back to the vets and hey presto stopped being sick. We're now back to being sick daily.

She's fine in herself otherwise, eats and drinks well, I asked for bloods last time which were also fine. So our current thinking is she's an old cat we should just leave her be as she seems totally her normal self otherwise.

Our cat is sick when he has a furball. It's about time that they moult their summer coat and their winter coat starts. Does she still clean herself regularly as it could be she's ingesting a lot of fur? If you can give her a good brush a couple of times a day

Our cat is sick when he has a furball. It's about time that they moult their summer coat and their winter coat starts. Does she still clean herself regularly as it could be she's ingesting a lot of fur? If you can give her a good brush a couple of times a day
Yeah I think that's what she used to be like when she was sick every few months. But currently the vomits never contain any hair, just food/liquid, and rarely bile. Doesn't seem like its related to hairballs from what we can see.

Yeah I think that's what she used to be like when she was sick every few months. But currently the vomits never contain any hair, just food/liquid, and rarely bile. Doesn't seem like its related to hairballs from what we can see.
Try her on fillet steak and see if symptoms persist :-) a process of elimination

Our 10 year old rescue was sick a few days over course of couple weeks. I noticed she ate really fast and it was always within minutes of eating. She gets half a pouch of wet food, once finished that and I'm sure she's ok she gets other half. Not been sick since, not sure if just a coincidence

I had my old cat on zantac from the vets and that did the trick

Try her on fillet steak and see if symptoms persist :-) a process of elimination
We've rotated her food twice and hasn't fixed it annoyingly!

We're working through the process of elimination as you say :)
Our 10 year old rescue was sick a few days over course of couple weeks. I noticed she ate really fast and it was always within minutes of eating. She gets half a pouch of wet food, once finished that and I'm sure she's ok she gets other half. Not been sick since, not sure if just a coincidence
Aye, ours is a grazer, just slowly eats it through the day and often doesn't even finish most of it. Usually sick early hours of the morning, leaving us a present to clean up when we get up.
I had my old cat on zantac from the vets and that did the trick
That's the next option I reckon, we'll slip her some PPI's and see what happens - if we can get her to eat it that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.