Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Re: Cavani Speculation/News

Joehannes said:
NQCitizen said:
Tricky_Trev said:
How much of an overhaul of tactics will we need, to get the best out of him? IF he signs of course. I never watch the Italian league, so have only seen him in the champions league, and random youtube videos. Napoli play on the counter, but we don't. So how well would he fit in here? I'm well aware that he's a fantastic striker. But is he the right striker for us? Cheers guys!

Rauls finishing, Drogbas power, muller's stamina and Tevez's work rate. Bit of Shearers heading and Gerrards shooting too.

Best signing we've made, if it comes off.
He's class but you've made him sound like the best number 9 the world's seen in the last 20 years!

At his best he's not far off though, is he?

Best pure striker in the world.

The Mail are reporting direct quotes from Aurelio De Laurentiis, who says they are discussing a swap deal with Dzeko and Cavani.

"He said: ‘I told Bigon to get in touch with Manchester City to open talks about Dzeko and see what their plans are with Cavani.
‘There's a lot of talk, but less action when it comes to actually spending money. Unlike me, others seem to be taking a lot of time to use their bank account."

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Cavani-City-Dzeko-swap-deal-deny-Benitez.html

argyle said:
The Mail are reporting direct quotes from Aurelio De Laurentiis, who says they are discussing a swap deal with Dzeko and Cavani.

"He said: ‘I told Bigon to get in touch with Manchester City to open talks about Dzeko and see what their plans are with Cavani.
‘There's a lot of talk, but less action when it comes to actually spending money. Unlike me, others seem to be taking a lot of time to use their bank account."

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Cavani-City-Dzeko-swap-deal-deny-Benitez.html

Lol, he really is a massive twat. Can he do any deal without insulting everyone involved?<br /><br />-- Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm --<br /><br />
argyle said:

Lol, he really is a massive twat. Can he do any deal without insulting everyone involved?

Blue Til Death said:
London Metro reckons City are favourites to sign him, him an Kun would scare the shit out of any team, here's hoping
Trio of Kun-Cavani-Isco wouldn't be too dissimilar to Lavezzi-Cavani-Hamsik, imo. Throw in Silva behind and no doubt other quality players on the bench...terrifying prospect.

My only worry with this is that now De Laurentiis has announced he is looking to do business with us, that surely is the key to start the bidding war.

Other clubs who are interested will panic now we have been quoted and think he has said what he has because of this reason.

I bet City are not happy he has gone public.

Clever man.

Joehannes said:
Blue Til Death said:
London Metro reckons City are favourites to sign him, him an Kun would scare the shit out of any team, here's hoping
Trio of Kun-Cavani-Isco wouldn't be too dissimilar to Lavezzi-Cavani-Hamsik, imo. Throw in Silva behind and no doubt other quality players on the bench...terrifying prospect.

I agree and that would be a brilliant way to start the season fielding that little lot.. bring it on... Please

Joehannes said:
Blue Til Death said:

Said that in a thread a while back and got accused of supporting Napoli not City :(

Joehannes said:
Blue Til Death said:

It would look good, but it needs a bit of width in there otherwise we are back to square one.

Silva, Nasri, Isco and and a winger will all rotate around depending on the game, that is what I am hoping for.

I would love to see:

------------Cavani----------
Silva/Nasri----Kun----Di Maria or Navas/ Isco

sam-caddick said:
Joehannes said:
Blue Til Death said:

It would look good, but it needs a bit of width in there otherwise we are back to square one.

Silva, Nasri, Isco and and a winger will all rotate around depending on the game, that is what I am hoping for.

I would love to see:

------------Cavani----------
Silva/Nasri----Kun----Di Maria or Navas/ Isco

With all due respect, Sam, the formation of players in bold is little different to what I put. I think our problem is more to do with movement than width. Navas potentially a game changer off the bench though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.