CB Pairing?

Dave Watson and Mike Doyle would be my choice, failing that, Kompany and Toure!

Personally this is how I see our options -

Kompany - Probably the pick of the centre halves for me, good in the air, solid in the tackle, decent enough distribution, a classy looking defender. The one player that must figure in the middle of our defence.

Toure. K. - As club captain you do expect him to get the first chance to cement the position at the back. Has not looked as commanding as he did during his Arsenal days, but probably holds the edge over Lescott for me.

Lescott - The injury came at the wrong time for Lescott last season just when we were seeing glimpses of his capabilities. Have never really been a big fan of Lescott, seems to lack mobility, and the ability to truly dominate, and in my eyes should probably start on the bench.

Boyata - Looks to have real potential, don't expect him to figure too much this season, but a few outings in the Carling Cup should do his development no harm.

Onuoha - Always pretty steady, and probably more a centre half than a right-back now, always lacked the distibution for a decent full back. Strong as an ox and quick, can be more than a match for most in the air too, but will find it difficult getting past the three already ahead of him.

Richards - Can look truly top drawer one minute, then switches off and gets caught well out of position. Has the pace to recover on occasions, but is always starting a yard or two behind the strikers as he is so slow to react to situations. I like him, but he needs to learn and fast before it's too late.

To sum up, my pairing would be Toure and Kompany.

I thought when Kompany and Lescott played together last season they looked really strong together up until Lescott got his knee injury.

Id have Kompany and Lescott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.