CCTV now microphones

der-bomber said:
swervin said:
Some time ago I mentioned on here that my boss had fitted a cctv camera in my office, its basically covers my office which is self contained, not very big, but luckilly it cannot see what is on my screen, hence the reason I am on bluemoon 9-5. However today it has been upgraded where the boss can now hear everything that I say, whether I am on the phone or a colleague comes into my office for a chat, also he has just stated that through his mobile phone he can hear whats going on no matter where he is and he can also speak to me via this microphone. So basically it could be really quiet in my office and I could be studying a file, when he can without warning bellow from the transmission and say " Whats happening with such case ect ect....." He could even be hundreds of miles away and can still see and hear me and ask me to check on certain cases. Do I feel uncomfortable or what.

Don't worry about it, mate, if you are doing your job to the best of your ability, are honest and have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear....

lol

Thanks for the responses lads/lasses. Will make some enquiries and let you know how I get on.

BimboBob said:
Recording a conversation at work is illegal and against the data protection act unless all parties agree to it.

Which basically means, read your contract.

MCFC-alan88 said:
BimboBob said:
Recording a conversation at work is illegal and against the data protection act unless all parties agree to it.

Which basically means, read your contract.

Alan, There is no mention whatsoever in the contract of cctv or microphones.

der-bomber said:
swervin said:
Some time ago I mentioned on here that my boss had fitted a cctv camera in my office, its basically covers my office which is self contained, not very big, but luckilly it cannot see what is on my screen, hence the reason I am on bluemoon 9-5. However today it has been upgraded where the boss can now hear everything that I say, whether I am on the phone or a colleague comes into my office for a chat, also he has just stated that through his mobile phone he can hear whats going on no matter where he is and he can also speak to me via this microphone. So basically it could be really quiet in my office and I could be studying a file, when he can without warning bellow from the transmission and say " Whats happening with such case ect ect....." He could even be hundreds of miles away and can still see and hear me and ask me to check on certain cases. Do I feel uncomfortable or what.

Don't worry about it, mate, if you are doing your job to the best of your ability, are honest and have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear....
You're Swervins boss aren't you DB? :0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.