cd's to sd card; Is there a piece of....

1, my laptop has no cd drive.
2, my windows 10 has no media player.
And c, i like new gadgets.
Search for Audacity audio editing software, it's free. You'll need to connect your CD player to your laptop but that will be the tricky part if you don't have an aux in port (an external microphone input). What ports do you have?

If you have an hdmi port, see if it allows input as well as output. Then you could connect from a dvd player and record the music. If no hdmi input, then an external dvd drive is only a tenner or so to connect by usb. There also might be adapter cables that convert audio out to usb or similar.

The software itself is a bit tricky to use at first, but it has a load of features.

Last edited:
If you are running Windows 10 N or K or KN editions, Windows Media Player is not included.
Any other it is there but you haven’t enabled it.

much cheaper to buy an external CD drive and install a free media player like VLC.
I have an external drive still in the box from about 7 years ago. No doubt it'll be incompatible with my lappy and there'll be some drivers or other such stuff to download. Also got vlc installed already.
My works lappy has cd drive so i'm just gonna take that home and do it on that.

Many thanlks for all the ideas everyone.

That's what it is like for me, thanks for the https tip bud.
@Ric
I think it's the underlying XenForo (or it's additions) software.

It's picking up that the link is 'Amazon' and trying to convert it, to whatever format the forum software is coded to change it to, but it's messing it up.

Eg youtube URL's are converted to [ youtube ]123456789[ /youtube ]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.