Celebrity spotting at COMS

Another update on the Timothy Dalton story. Found an interview with him online in which he states he's been a City fan since the age of six. Despite being Welsh born he actually lived in Manchester for many years (which I bet many didn't know? I certainly didn't) and his passion for City comes across quite clearly. He talks alot about Manchester in the 40's and the smog and grime - similar stories my own father has told me about actually.

Seen a few at City.

Noel Gallagher at Watford (A) a few seasons back. He actually walked from the Watford end and came and sat in our section.

Curly Watts sat next to me at Walsall (A).

Ricky Hatton on the train to Palace (A) before he was well known.

Jason Manford in the square at Hamburg (A) last season.

James H Reeve on Tube at some game in London looking embarassed when we recognised him.

Natalie Pike FHM Boro (A) when we got trounced 8-1.

Revol said:
I'm surprised no-one's seen Noel Gallagher. He's a massive citizen, he's obviously rolling in it and he doesn't seem to have a lot going on at the moment so you'd expect him to have a season ticket.

davymcfc said:
he's definitely a rag

Yep, and he's not even from Salford or Trafford! He's from Rochdale, so geographically he should be on our side!

Come to think of it, a lot of my favourite Manchester personalities are rags: Steve CooganDoesn't like football and not from Manchester, Tony Wilson, Shaun RyderDoesn't like football, Ian BrownFrom Warrington, ManiFrom Failsworth, Morrisseywho knows (well, he used to be at least), John Squire,City fan Hooky, Bernard Sumner. And then apparently Thom Yorke Oxford is it? is also a rag...

City just has Oasis, Reni from the Roses and Johnny Marr. Oh, and apparently Ian Curtis was a citizen too.

Why can't you fuckers accept that you have no place in our city?

Even Newton Heath wasn't part of Manchester when you played under their name.

It must be shit to think that you affect Singaporese culture more than Mancunian culture. And anyway, United's famous fans are the pride of Ireland. James Nesbitt, Eamon Holmes, Paddy Kielty. Do you want me to go on?

scall said:
LongsightM13 said:
See the Doves lads sometimes. There were loads of paps outside the front entrance before the home semi but the only celebs they got were Noel G and some woman who looked like Sven's ex Nancy

That's because it WAS Svens ex Nancy I'm sure I read somewhere!

Yeah, Nancy Dell'olio is a mate of Roberto she has become a blue and was even at second leg Afterwards she went out on the town with a few mates of mine, she said "I can't believe the bastards beat us"

Wareen Clarke of Dalzeil and Pascoe is a regular

Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle) is definitely a Blue. He was a regular at Maine Road and is often at ComS.

Saw him on Soccer Saturday years ago (when that rent boy used to host it with Helen Chamberlain). He was saying he often wears his City top on the set at Emmerdale and likes to give a bit of stick to the (mostly) Leeds supporting members of the cast.

Jake The Muss said:
Ryan from corrie used sit a row in front of me but now a couple of rows behind me.
He was sat next to me in the family stand before he was on corrie, I knew him before he was famous Haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.