Celtic thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibs are shite no idea if Valencia are.

They aren’t. I wish they were though. Going to be a difficult night, but on the plus side, it means more money for Lawell to take another £2.3m bonus for fuck all next year. Swings and roundabouts.

I am in Spain at the moment for a months hol. Went to Valencia v Real Sociedad on Sunday - 0-0. Valencia were bloody awful. The steep old ground is impressive though.

I hope they keep that up. We have a very young team so it’s a situation of not knowing what to expect. Can they perform under the pressure? We will soon see. I’m not expecting to knock them out, but we have a chance if we don’t pull the rabbits in headlights routine. Fucking football, nerve shredder Supreme.

You certainly have a chance mate.

I’ve been reading about them and looking at their players and results. They have one of the best defences in their league. A half dozen players in the €20-€30m bracket. I wish I hadn’t as any glimmer of hope I had has just had a reality check.

We are playing well, but it’s against Scottish teams. We don’t know how to judge how good we are really. I just hope they don’t maul us and affect the confidence too much.

Having said all that, 3.0 to us. :)

Well I am trying to keep busy and divert my mind from tonight. To be fair, not expecting to win, but that doesn’t stop the hope. And from the hope follows the nerves. The seeing us score a couple of goals in my minds eye, taking a result over there and seeing how it goes.

Then the flip side appears, is freezing and not being able to string two passes together and realising we are never going to be able to compete whilst our board prefers to keep the money we have in the bank.

It saddens and angers me in equal measure. I know that we will never again be a threat in Europe and that is hard to take, but, has to be accepted.

All I am asking is we play as well as we can and if we do then we can ask for no more. If doing that still results in us getting handed our arses, I will obviously call for the immediate execution if our board, but I will have no criticism of our players.

Give it your all lads. And good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.