Celtic thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real problem with loans to Celtic is that you can't really buy them if they're any good, so there's a sort of conflict. You want them to be good but not so good that they're beyond your means. The Champions League action at Celtic is obviously a big pull for City. You're almost guaranteed involvement unless the worst happens like this year. But Celtic can't really compete with teams in the better European leagues when it comes to buying good players. 3 and 4 million quid is a big chunk for you guys. 7 or 8 is a bit beyond your means I think. But it's not nearly a deterrent for the better teams in Europe and that's the potential level of any player you'd want on loan at Celtic. It's a bit of a shame in a way because Celtic can offer things that a lot of teams can't and they've always liked to play attacking football. I think these loans are a double-edged sword for both clubs that a loan to a good smaller club wouldn't be.

I take your points. We and I mean our CEO, has made a complete **** of it. He failed to get in any of our defensive targets and we all knew this would fuck us up in the CL. All three goals scored by AEK were defensive fuck ups. So because of that prick, we are down a minimum of £65m and that’s even if we got handed our arse in every game.

That would have allowed us to give you the £10m or so that players not in the superstar bracket you field but still excellent players to sign if you felt it was a good deal and they weren’t of the class you are used to.

I am absolutely raging at Lawell, always a dithering, cheapskate, egotistical ****. He should be out the door.

It’s times like these that I wish I didn’t give a fuck about football. Sadly the virus is incurable so I am fucked.

We are also two days away from the EL playoff and still he has done nothing.

I fucking hate the prick.

What a week to give up sniffing glue.

I imagine a winter without the CL is a bit of a bleak prospect. No icing on the cake so to speak. No raisins in it either, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.