Celtic thread 2020/21

The tv money shows what a shite league and standard it is. No fucker wants to watch it or pay for the pleasure. Give any team a much larger budget and they might be competitive in the prem. Scottish football is the same standard as women’s
That's a bit harsh on the women's league mate

Reactions: nmc
The tv money shows what a shite league and standard it is. No fucker wants to watch it or pay for the pleasure. Give any team a much larger budget and they might be competitive in the prem. Scottish football is the same standard as women’s

Of course if you give a team more money, they will become more competitive, that's exactly my point.

In the late 80's early 90's Rangers were among the biggest clubs in Britain. They were signing half the England national team, their merchandise was on a par with Man Utd, their stadium was amongst the biggest in Britain, they were a driving force in the formation of the Champions League, & they beat the English Champions home & away to qualify for the first 1. Then Sky happened, pumped billions into English football, & year on year Scottish football became the poor relations.

Of course if Rangers & Celtic entered the EPL with their current teams they'd be pretty sh!t. Of course, Scottish football standard is sh!t. No-one is arguing that point.

Reactions: nmc
Oh, come on. Captain Oats? Never to be seen again? Charming. Borderline racism :).

Why do Celtic fans all see themselves as Wolfie Smith's these days? Happy they were embarrassed by a team of coach drivers and tractor drivers last night.....

What's the latest after the result Magicpole? There usually is a reaction from the board (you guys would always say too late), so who are the likely ins & outs, seen Turnbull has been completed?

Of course if you give a team more money, they will become more competitive, that's exactly my point.

In the late 80's early 90's Rangers were among the biggest clubs in Britain. They were signing half the England national team, their merchandise was on a par with Man Utd, their stadium was amongst the biggest in Britain, they were a driving force in the formation of the Champions League, & they beat the English Champions home & away to qualify for the first 1. Then Sky happened, pumped billions into English football, & year on year Scottish football became the poor relations.

Of course if Rangers & Celtic entered the EPL with their current teams they'd be pretty sh!t. Of course, Scottish football standard is sh!t. No-one is arguing that point.
Sky has nothing to do with the demise of The Rangers.
This if we get money from Sky we will be top 4.
Tell that to Everton,Villa,Newcastle and Arsenal.
All these top signings Rangers made was over 20 years ago.
Staying up would be a struggle for Celtic to start with.
Rangers are nowhere near a good championship team far less a premiership.
Another wake up call for the Celtic board.They must take the hint and change their ways now.
There again fans have been saying that year in year out.

Sky has nothing to do with the demise of The Rangers.
This if we get money from Sky we will be top 4.
Tell that to Everton,Villa,Newcastle and Arsenal.
All these top signings Rangers made was over 20 years ago.
Staying up would be a struggle for Celtic to start with.
Rangers are nowhere near a good championship team far less a premiership.
Another wake up call for the Celtic board.They must take the hint and change their ways now.
There again fans have been saying that year in year out.

Aww Benny, that was trying too hard to get a dig in there my man.
Let's set a few things straight, I'm not talking about the demise of Rangers, I'm talking about the demise of Scottish Football in European terms, & how increasingly difficult it is for countries in smaller nations to compete with teams from the big 5 leagues.
And I know Rangers made all those top signings 20+ years ago, that's my point, as that's when Sky started.
Lastly I've never said Rangers or Celtic would be top 4 in the Premiership, just that you can't compare the current teams to the teams they might have if they were in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.