Celtic v City post match

They've lost 3 champions league group stage games at home. Less than us, and they've been in it more
And how've they done away?

As I said in the prematch thread, the majority of their players are Championship level but their home crowd is one of the best in Europe and they perform beyond their abilities in front of them. They usually fall apart away from home which is when we get a fair reflection of their ability.

It begs the question whether teams should spend hundreds of millions on players or pay 60,000 extras to go to games and make a fuck ton of noise.

Its easy to go out and kill yourselves with physical effort in the champions league when you play in a bum league at weekends.

This is what flatters celtic and has on many occasion. Pretty much sums up last nights game, but the city defense looked a little more shaky than normal, and perhaps this will give premier league teams a pointer. Then again no stones starting.

Actually was disappointed pep didn't bring on sane at around the 70 minute mark. Feel he could have run the right side ragged...nolito was ok on the left, but sterling could have shifted across and sane would have made an impact i'm sure.

And how've they done away?

As I said in the prematch thread, the majority of their players are Championship level but their home crowd is one of the best in Europe and they perform beyond their abilities in front of them. They usually fall apart away from home which is when we get a fair reflection of their ability.

It begs the question whether teams should spend hundreds of millions on players or pay 60,000 extras to go to games and make a fuck ton of noise.
So you're just going to ignore their home form because it doesn't fit into your narrative of them being a championship team and just focus on away form. Basically just discounting half of their games? Why are you so against them anyway? Give them credit, they played as well as the could have done and certainly shut up a few on here who were predicting a thrashing.

So you're just going to ignore their home form because it doesn't fit into your narrative of them being a championship team and just focus on away form. Basically just discounting half of their games? Why are you so against them anyway? Give them credit, they played as well as the could have done and certainly shut up a few on here who were predicting a thrashing.
They played very well and took their chances.

I think we'll beat them comfortably at home.

I still think with the team they have and not every match being hyped up and under floodlights etc that they'd be relegated in the Prem.

They played very well and took their chances.

I think we'll beat them comfortably at home.

I still think with the team they have and not every match being hyped up and under floodlights etc that they'd be relegated in the Prem.
Yep. They have a history of punching above their weight at home in the CL. They have the knowledge that they're playing Dundee at the weekend, we're away to Spurs. Every point in the Prem is valuable, however if Celtic drop points against Dundee it's no great shakes, they will make them up quite easily.

It's like everybody just decided to be shit at the same time. Oh well a point is not that bad considering Barca just barely escaped BMG.

It's not a bad result in hindsight. We were certainly lethargic early on and the players, subconsciously in fairness, underestimated Celtic Park on a European night.
It's the seminal ground for champions league atmosphere.
Collectively, we were sloppy in possession, especially first half and the second and third goals were down to individual errors.
Aguero, Gundogan and the centre halfs will have better days, Zab seemed wildly out of position for the second too.
Sterling looks so dangerous now, delighted to see his form, I didn't really see that coming and I'm happy to be proved wrong.
I still think we'll cruise out of the group and are more than capable of taking four points off Barcelona if we are at our best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.