central defenders?

sixlashes

why is everyone going on about us not having central defenders? toure,ned and kompany, surely theres not many you would swap them for?I know dunne and tbh are struggling but are they going to play anyway when kompany and ned are fit?I would love to see toure and kompany at the back both ball players and better than anything out there for sale anyway .so stop flapping.

sixlashes said:
why is everyone going on about us not having central defenders? toure,ned and kompany, surely theres not many you would swap them for?I know dunne and tbh are struggling but are they going to play anyway when kompany and ned are fit?I would love to see toure and kompany at the back both ball players and better than anything out there for sale anyway .so stop flapping.

Neither r that good in the air.

celf said:
sixlashes said:

Disagree kompany is good in the air and I think will be regarded as our best centre back at the end of the season.

celf said:
sixlashes said:

so who is?

sixlashes said:
celf said:
so who is?

IMO Toure doesnt punch his weight in the air,and last seasons stats will back that up.
Kompany can get up but his direction from headers is poor,a bit like a 50p head if u like.
im only telling it like it is,i dearly want them to be the best players on the planet like all blues but they do have faults.

sixlashes said:
celf said:
so who is?
lescott hangeland upson to name 3 that are all good in the air! and in response to your opening post its not called flapping when fans want players coming in to strengthen the area that is our weakest area in the side! your right in the sense that we do have some quality in defence but compared to our midfield and attack our defence isn't up to scratch!

Why cant we just get Bruno Alvez from Porto, everyone says he isnt good enough for pm, but did you say the same about carvalho when he came to chelsea from Porto, he has been one of chelseas best defenders for years.
And in the last games i have seen, it is in majority of errors from dunne ant tbh,that has allowed the other team to score against us.
They are not good enough for the big four, they are to simple in playing style.

Kompany is injured (and needs to cover in midfield as well). Nedum is injured (and has a poor fitness record plus hes still young).

Ben Haim should never play for us again. Dunne is not good enough for a top 6 side let alone top 4.

Thats why we needed 2 new central defenders at the very least !

sixlashes said:

have you not seen any of our pre season games?.............................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.