central defenders?

hershybar said:
sixlashes said:
why is everyone going on about us not having central defenders? toure,ned and kompany, surely theres not many you would swap them for?I know dunne and tbh are struggling but are they going to play anyway when kompany and ned are fit?I would love to see toure and kompany at the back both ball players and better than anything out there for sale anyway .so stop flapping.

have you not seen any of our pre season games?.............................

Totally Agree ^^^!

We need at least one signed this week, Ben Haim is not good enough and Dunne looks as though he has give up the ghost.... no confidence whatsoever, Samaras and Killen were running all over the pair of them.
The defence is very fragile and if Toure and Nedum are out, it will be much weaker than last season. We cannot rely on our forwards to score a hatfull of goals every week, because that's what I feel it will need to be the case, I know as long as we score 1 more than our opponents, it will be enough, but I was quite hoping I would not be biting my nails throughout another season, tormented by the fact that our defence could implode at any moment during the match.
Van Buyten would be fantastic (highly unlikely), I don't like to say this but I'd take Distin back (cue the abuse), he was always the better half of the Dunne/Distin partnership even if he was prone to 1 or 2 errors (still fewer than Dunne), maybe even Turner from Hull.
I'm sorry to say it but Dunne is finished, get someone in, then ship him out along with T-B Haim, it is time to move on if we want to reach the heights everybody yearns for at this club.

CTID. In Hughes we trust!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't help the central defence (whoever plays), that our full backs have no positional sense, how many times last season did micah, zab or bridge get caught out down the field. they are defenders at the end of the day. so defend, and leave the attacking to the forwards.

This just highlights how bad ben haim and dunne are, when they are left to defend on there own.

we defended better in the friendly that mee and mcgiven played

celf said:
sixlashes said:
so who is?

IMO Toure doesnt punch his weight in the air,and last seasons stats will back that up.
Kompany can get up but his direction from headers is poor,a bit like a 50p head if u like.
im only telling it like it is,i dearly want them to be the best players on the planet like all blues but they do have faults.
Agree and IMO VK will play most in midfield as he outshines the very ordinary De Jong there!

FisHman99 said:
It doesn't help the central defence (whoever plays), that our full backs have no positional sense, how many times last season did micah, zab or bridge get caught out down the field. they are defenders at the end of the day. so defend, and leave the attacking to the forwards.

This just highlights how bad ben haim and dunne are, when they are left to defend on there own.

we defended better in the friendly that mee and mcgiven played

Bridge being without doubt the biggest culprit with his fairly average footwork losing the ball down the line in the opposite third of the pitch.

Neil McNab said:
celf said:
IMO Toure doesnt punch his weight in the air,and last seasons stats will back that up.
Kompany can get up but his direction from headers is poor,a bit like a 50p head if u like.
im only telling it like it is,i dearly want them to be the best players on the planet like all blues but they do have faults.
Agree and IMO VK will play most in midfield as he outshines the very ordinary De Jong there!

De Jong's a better defensive mid than Kompany so i'm hoping Kompany will be given a go at centre back as he played well on the occasions he played there last season. NDJ took time to settle but he's got enough about his game to be a top defensive midfielder for us and i'm sure he'll show that this season

Failsworth_Blue said:
Neil McNab said:

De Jong's a better defensive mid than Kompany so i'm hoping Kompany will be given a go at centre back as he played well on the occasions he played there last season. NDJ took time to settle but he's got enough about his game to be a top defensive midfielder for us and i'm sure he'll show that this season
Some numpty on here rated NDJ one of the top rated defensive MF in the world IMO he's a lot to prove as he looked only marginally better than Gelson. I don't think VK is a great central defender and he doesn't want to play there long term. It would seem from Hughe's attempts to sign centre halves that he doesn't think he is either!

deano ou812 said:
once kompany is fit i could see him going in beside toure..didnt he play their for psv i think and people were raving about him..

hsv mate. he played both positions

alera said:
Kompany is injured (and needs to cover in midfield as well). Nedum is injured (and has a poor fitness record plus hes still young).

Ben Haim should never play for us again. Dunne is not good enough for a top 6 side let alone top 4.

Thats why we needed 2 new central defenders at the very least !
I agree, my fear is that we'll concede more than we score!

Just what has happened to Dunne? He used to be able to read the game, but now his concentration has gone to pot, and he's become a liability with his fouls!

Where is the old Dunney, I think he must have been abducted by Aliens!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.