Centre Back Issue

The two Ferns in front of Ota and Demi, and stop playing the high line and that should get us through til Vinnie is back
Fernando isn't a CM for me as he just doesn't have the legs. He's only looked good in a 3 as the DM behind Yaya + Dinho. So my vote would go for Delph + Dinho combo instead, both can run enough to give us the legs needed for that role. Yaya/Nando don't cut it in a 2 (good example being the Liverpool game where we tried both Nando + Yaya together as a 2, oops).

Bit radical, so highly unlikely, but we could pair Sagna and Otamendi, and then get Zabaleta back in at right back. Sagna can play there and could sweep behind Otamedi, who seems to prefer being the dominant defender and is more aggressive in pressing. Both players are already up to match speed, so it's arguably less of a risk than relying on Demichelis.

The two Ferns in front of Ota and Demi, and stop playing the high line and that should get us through til Vinnie is back
This.

But it relies on a mentality of having strength at the back as the best starting point, and this is simply something Pellegrini does not agree with. He wants us to control the game by playing in the other teams half, pressing them as soon as we lose the ball and never really letting them get back into our half. With an Iniesta, Xavi, Xavi Alonso, Yaya in his prime, Pirlo in his prime, this works, but unfortunately, we just don't have the players. So we lose it too often and we don't have the discipline and ability to be in the right space to win it back. Plus, the premier league is more than ever about pace and hitting on the break this year, which exposes a team who are only 'organised' to play in the oppositions half. Defending when chasing back and facing your own goal is always the worst position to be in.

I also think theres an argument for Delph instead of Fernando, but either way I'd feel a lot happier starting from a solid defence and working forwards. The two 'wide-men' will just depend on who we're playing and what strengths are needed for that game because especially against top teams the full backs need protection from those out wide as well as the two CM's (and Yaya, KDB to some extent, and Silva just don't really provide this).

Centre Back issue will be a problem for some time. Until we get a player to hold in front of whoever the back 4 is were always going to have problems. Who we play in there at the weekend is a big question. We have seen how poor we have been with MDM playing in any pairings we concede way too many goals. I think we will play him and Otamendi together. But doing that even at home we need someone to sit in front of them. I would have Fernando sitting there as he is the more defensive of all our midfielders for the Norwich game.

Just feel our back 5 for the game will be
Willy
Clichy , Otamendi , MDM , Zaba
Sterling Fernando Fernandhino Navas or KDB
Kun , Nacho

Feel a 4-4-2 is enough and we will get game time into Zabba , Clichy , MDM and Nacho.

I didn't think it was a match lost ? it's only h/t I was there and it wasn't as bad as people are saying.
Remember when we lost to middlesbrough away?

Don't understand why the Rags can recall Jizzyjaz from a season long loan but we cant do the same with Denayer??

Don't understand why the Rags can recall Jizzyjaz from a season long loan but we cant do the same with Denayer??

I presume if both parties are willing to terminate the agreement, as Dortmund and United were, then it can be done. Don't think Galatasaray would agree to it.

I presume if both parties are willing to terminate the agreement, as Dortmund and United were, then it can be done. Don't think Galatasaray would agree to it.

I think a lot depends on the contract stipulated terms too, normally if a fee is paid then a compensation is agreed

would solve a lot of our problems, this.

But then again, Pellers would have to be willing to play him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.